Stealth help - is this the right forum?

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Evangel

Post by Evangel » Sun May 06, 2007 3:08 pm

I'm wondering whether or not I should wear my nylon vest. Last time I wore it it pretty much repelled every bit of water thrown at me. Didn't even have to change my clothes!

Problem is, it makes a LOT of noise, which can compromise my stealth-based playing style.

Should I be wearing it? I've always worn some kind of body armor to water fights, plus it kinda makes me look like a Navy SEAL. I'm asking here since it is an equipment-related question.

Also note that one time I DID successfully sneak up on my friends while wearing this. I managed to get behind a picket fence like literally three feet away from my two friends while they were refilling, and never even noticed for like 3 whole minutes.

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sun May 06, 2007 5:13 pm

Well, It all depends on the fighting style of the people you fight. If they are aware players, I would opt for some other kind of protection. If they are unaware, loud players themselves, it won't hurt to wear the vest.

Personally, I don't wear any kind of protection at all. I like to dodge more than wear something. It also makes games more interesting and you have to use your skills more.
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

sogoie

Post by sogoie » Sun May 06, 2007 8:12 pm

the way you describe your vest sounds just like mine. It does make some noise when you are grabing items from your pockets and when you reach across your chest, but when i am outside the wind and other noises really make my presence non-existent. If you were able to sneak up on them once you should be able to do it again. And yeah it does repel water pretty well.

Evangel

Post by Evangel » Mon May 07, 2007 7:56 am

Oh yeah, I can dodge stuff as well. VERY well actually, almost matrix-style. My friend rapid-fired his Arctic Shock and I dodged every stream without even moving my feet. I also dodged my other friend's Monster X blasts easily enough, but he DID hit me a few times, but the vest pretty much blocked even THAT!

I really like this vest, it's cool and authentic military paraphernalia too! Come to think of it, I did sneak up on my friends a couple other times. I guess I need to implement more genjutsu-type skills to get in close.

Edited By Evangel on 1178542801