If You Were A Video Game Character

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
martianshark

Re: If You Were A Video Game Character

Post by martianshark » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:04 pm

Everything would be in slow motion to me, resulting in really fast reflexes.

But, that would only work for a 1 player game.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:34 pm

The problem with RC planes is the only cheap ones are air hogs, and they are like the nerf super soakers of RC planes.
QFT. I love how at this moment in time, this is an insult.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:21 pm

soakinader wrote:
The problem with RC planes is the only cheap ones are air hogs, and they are like the nerf super soakers of RC planes.
QFT. I love how at this moment in time, this is an insult.
Well, its true :goofy: If you want planes with all the flight controls of a real plane you have to look to better brands then air hogs. BBT should start making RC planes...

Speaking of which, has anyone seen the new air max 6 and 10 dart guns from BBT? Both are air pressure, and could probably be pretty useful for the NIC.

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:54 pm

My character's stats would randomize every five minutes, sometimes being really good and sometimes being useless.

A scratchbuilt RC plane can be made rather cheaply if you only use good parts where they are needed, and go cheap on say the airframe and motor, but get really responsive servos and a nice reciever. Remember that some people do that combat fliying and try to send each other's planes into the ground by chopping the up with their propellors. Those planes have to be cheap but good.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:36 pm

atvan wrote:
A scratchbuilt RC plane can be made rather cheaply if you only use good parts where they are needed, and go cheap on say the airframe and motor, but get really responsive servos and a nice reciever. Remember that some people do that combat fliying and try to send each other's planes into the ground by chopping the up with their propellors. Those planes have to be cheap but good.
Totally true. A flying wing is a good design to start scratchbuilt since they are very simple, and good for combat.

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:06 pm

An RC plane would be cool, very useful for scouting, sieges, and ambushes.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:06 pm

Seriously? People fly planes into each other to try and get them to crash? I have seen remote controlled battleships that fire steel pellets and try to sink each other, but this sounds crazy.
On topic, I can see super speed/slow motion working. Ever seen someone doing a speed hack on a game like Counter Strike? Hackers move so fast that they seem to teleport.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:17 pm

soakinader wrote:Seriously? People fly planes into each other to try and get them to crash? I have seen remote controlled battleships that fire steel pellets and try to sink each other, but this sounds crazy.
On topic, I can see super speed/slow motion working. Ever seen someone doing a speed hack on a game like Counter Strike? Hackers move so fast that they seem to teleport.
Yeah, it is a sport that requires a lot of repairs. The parrot AR drone quadcopter would be okay for scouting (I have flown one) and it is controlled via an IPhone (I think it can be controlled from other smartphones as well). It has two cameras that transmit to the Iphone/Ipad screen. It tends to have a bit of control lag though, and most of these quadcopter rigs tend to be expensive. A RC car could do the same thing, and could have armor strong enough to withstand a 20X hit without being damaged. Most RC planes and helicopters would lose control from a hit even if they were waterproof.

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:16 pm

darthmeow wrote:
scottthewaterwarrior wrote:Actually the ability that I would really want would be an RC plane with a water gun on it. The problem is that it would have to be pretty big to carry the gun, and the other problem is the trees. Most the wars we have are in the woods, I'm a pretty top notch pilot but even with a camera mounted to the front their is a limit to what I can do. Hence the RC car booby trap.

I agree though, why play a game about water warfare, why not just do it for real? If I want a video game, I pop in Battlefield 1942 (which is what I have been playing all week!)
I happen to also fly RC planes. I think that you could mount a water ballon dropper in a large enough RC plane. What kinds of RC planes do you fly? I would say a 2 meter powered glider with a release for a water ballon dropper (or mount something goblin sized with a servo for the trigger) could work. The problem with RC planes is the only cheap ones are air hogs, and they are like the nerf super soakers of RC planes.
I have a Hobby Zone mini Super Cub. It's not the best plane, but it fly's pretty well and is very crash resistant. I started out with a few Air Hogs planes, but most of them broke after one or two flights or didn't work right out of the box. I really miss the air hogs that used air powered motors to run, those were really fun to play with.
I'm not really a big RC guy, I have enough hobbies that eat money that I can't really afford to have a whole fleet of multi-hundred dollar planes. RC flying is just an occasional hobby that I do at the park when it is nice weather. I think the real problem wouldn't so much be the weight as it would be the battlefield. Flying through the woods would be even harder then flying through a city as the trees are not in a grid pattern but rather random.

As far as RC combat goes, I have a friend who does it. The way he described it you aren't trying to destroy the other plane, but rather cut the streamer attached to the back of it with your prop. He still goes through a lot of planes though as you still do run into others from time to time!

We are getting a bit off topic here, maybe someone should start an RC thread, a lot of people seam to be into it.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:29 pm

Now that sounds like fun. Shooting at a waterproof plane/helicopter- if you don't hit it hard/fast enough it will recover and keep flying, maybe drop a water balloon on you. XP
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:30 pm

Looks like we have good use for drones here. They're becoming cheaper and better, and the community prefers the term "unmanned aircraft" (kind of like "soaker" over "squirt gun" for us). Anyway, dropping water balloons is way nicer than dropping missiles/spying on people, so I'd say we'd make better use of them. =p

That said, no shooting/combat based hobby has ever made much use out of any moving vehicle for games, and I don't see water warfare as much of an exception, even if we had cars that ran on water. :goofy:
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:16 am

no shooting/combat based hobby has ever made much use out of any moving vehicle for games
Uh CA99 paintball and airsoft both make use of tanks and other vehicles quite frequently

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:05 pm

Really... I've never seen a single vehicle of any sort at the 4 different (3 paintball, one airsoft) fields I've been to (save for car frames as targets/cover, and the parking lot), nor seen them online in videos/photos. Nobody I know who plays them ever gears up for nor mentions vehicles. There was one instance or so of cars carrying players to certain positions, but they were transportation only, not combat.

Enlighten me as to where all these vehicles used for airsoft/paintball are.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:08 pm

scottthewaterwarrior wrote:
darthmeow wrote:
scottthewaterwarrior wrote:Actually the ability that I would really want would be an RC plane with a water gun on it. The problem is that it would have to be pretty big to carry the gun, and the other problem is the trees. Most the wars we have are in the woods, I'm a pretty top notch pilot but even with a camera mounted to the front their is a limit to what I can do. Hence the RC car booby trap.

I agree though, why play a game about water warfare, why not just do it for real? If I want a video game, I pop in Battlefield 1942 (which is what I have been playing all week!)
I happen to also fly RC planes. I think that you could mount a water ballon dropper in a large enough RC plane. What kinds of RC planes do you fly? I would say a 2 meter powered glider with a release for a water ballon dropper (or mount something goblin sized with a servo for the trigger) could work. The problem with RC planes is the only cheap ones are air hogs, and they are like the nerf super soakers of RC planes.
I have a Hobby Zone mini Super Cub. It's not the best plane, but it fly's pretty well and is very crash resistant. I started out with a few Air Hogs planes, but most of them broke after one or two flights or didn't work right out of the box. I really miss the air hogs that used air powered motors to run, those were really fun to play with.
I'm not really a big RC guy, I have enough hobbies that eat money that I can't really afford to have a whole fleet of multi-hundred dollar planes. RC flying is just an occasional hobby that I do at the park when it is nice weather. I think the real problem wouldn't so much be the weight as it would be the battlefield. Flying through the woods would be even harder then flying through a city as the trees are not in a grid pattern but rather random.

As far as RC combat goes, I have a friend who does it. The way he described it you aren't trying to destroy the other plane, but rather cut the streamer attached to the back of it with your prop. He still goes through a lot of planes though as you still do run into others from time to time!

We are getting a bit off topic here, maybe someone should start an RC thread, a lot of people seam to be into it.
We should start a RC thread. The mini super cub is pretty good.

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:47 pm

isoaker wrote:For a water warfare game, would love to have limited thermal-vision, improved aim, and perhaps some sort of "bullet-time" power in extreme cases where everything seems to go in slow-mo while I can precisely unleash torrents of water at my stunned opponents. :goofy:

:cool:
Well, you are iSoaker, after all. You'd probably be the "Unlock at 100% completion, dominate the whole game" character :goofy:

As for myself, I think faster pump/reload times would be cool. An empty blaster is just dead weight, useless until filled.

The best experience with RC anything are the RC toys you get in Sonic Lost World that help you navigate the stages. :goofy: I never was into RC cars and planes and what-not.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:35 pm

After rethinking it my special ablitys would be field filling water balloons and sharing ammo from my 300 with other players, and above average mobility with the 300 compared to others

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:15 pm

It's hard to think of something realistic that I'd have. Probably magical attacks. You know, summon up rain clouds, tidal waves, strong winds, etc.

Hard to say for sure though, magic is unpredictable at best.