liquid Curiosity

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

liquid Curiosity

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:19 pm

Well, a yes or no question. Can we use special liquids, like soda, as a trap, not ammunition, in a water war? Like a decoy, if you will.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: liquid Curiosity

Post by marauder » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:45 pm

Is there any possible way that you can make the war in NC on the 23rd? I honestly don't really care, although certain substances may damage or gunk up your blasters. I have shot people with liquids other than water before...
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:12 pm

The only war so far I'd go to is downpour or later. Sorry, just not ready yet for a full road trip and war on a school week.

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:21 am

Yeah, I figured it would be a longshot. In the past, my team and I used mountain dew and other liquids as ammo for pranks and also actual serious attacks. Of course, we were somewhere in the 11 - 13 year old range had some serious beef with the people we were fighting. I think of all of us respect each other here, which is one reason why I'd never use ammunition other than water.

I don't stand against using other liquids in general, but situationally I would never use er biological warfare on my current enemy :lol:
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:27 pm

If I'm low on water and you're chasing me at Waterbridge and I get to a refilling spot and all there is, is the orange fungus water...well...there's no other choice but to load it. So, don't back me into a corner at Waterbridge and you'll be ok :p
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:27 pm

I remember a war many years ago at my friends house. It was me and him vs. his jerk brother and his brothers friend. They lobed a barrage of balloons at us and when they popped (thankfully we dodged them all) the liquid was yellow. and I'm telling you it wasn't lemonade!

I myself would never put anything but water in one of my guns. I'm paranoid enough filling from streams! Though it would probably take an acorn to jam my 2500, that doesn't stop my from worrying about it.

The check engine light on my car came on:
The real reason - a hole in some part that doesn't even matter.
My thought on it - One of the pistons could explode at any moment causing the drive train to seize up, locking the wheels. Then the car would skid into a curb, flip over 6 times, and then crash into a gas station and blow up. - My imagination it a bit overactive, though it does mean I can write some great stories for creative writing class.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:20 pm

When I hear the use of soda as a trap as opposed to ammunition, I start thinking of the following:
Trap Maker: I'll leave this can o' soda here. MWAHAHAHHAA
*Trap Maker hides nearby*
Unsuspecting Player: Oooh! A free can of soda! *open can* Mmmm.. my favorite.
*Trap Maker emerges from hiding spot, blasting away*
Trap Maker: HAHAHAHA!! My soda trap worked!
Unsuspecting Player: Aww,.. but I couldn't resist the cool, refreshing flavor of [insert soda name here]. Now I'm refreshed on the inside AND outside!
*Cue logo and soda maker music*

Now, soda as a stepping-trap isn't going to be that great, IMO, and just lead to more mess, but no real added value. As for using other liquids in water blasters, apart from the gumming up-promoting mould/mildew, etc. issue, I wouldn't be keen of getting any non-water liquid into other people's faces. Carbonated drinks are typically more acidic than regular water used and would sting quite a bit more. Water wars are for soaking people, not injuring. Hence, my water-only policy. As for where water can come from, that all depends on the cleanliness of the sources. I'd be open to some rivers and lakes being used (I'd be game with most water I'd be willing to swim in), but would not use swamp/stagnant water or other sources that may be contaminated with higher amounts of bacteria that can cause illness.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:09 pm

scottthewaterwarrior wrote:The check engine light on my car came on:
You too?!

As for liquids other than water, I can't say that I'd like having weird shit fired at me. At the moment, I can't think of a single non-water liquid that I wouldn't mind getting shot with. Really, water is the by far the easiest liquid to obtain, so I don't see why you'd use anything else. It is a water war after all.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

JS
WWN League Team: Hurricane X

Post by JS » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:30 am

SEAL?! YOU SWORE!
GLaDOS: Oh, hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato!

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:01 pm

Whaaa...? ...Oh. At first I had absolutely no idea what you were talking about, haha. If you're bothered by swearing, I'll try not to do it, but I'm telling you that quite a few people on here do it (and if you go to school, pretty much everybody does it). Personally, I don't see how anyone could be offended by nothing but a specific combination of letters; I understand it's offensive if the swear is directed at a person, but I don't think that's any different than calling that person an idiot. That's just my opinion though.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:05 pm

Hmm... I'd like to try, at a water war somewhere that 2L water bottles were being used as refill stations, to pop a couple of Alka-seltzer tablets into a bottle and screw it tight as fast as possible... I seem to remember a single tablet being enough to make a film capsule explode... or maybe just buy a bottle of soda water, shake like crazy, and remove the label...
As for super soakers, yeah I'm pretty paranoid about using anything other than liquid H20 with an acceptably low ppm of other substances.

*** CONTENT REMOVED ***
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

JS

Post by JS » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:48 pm

im homeschooled, i dont swear (unless i rip off half my toenail like 2 weeks ago) and i dont like others swearing too.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:10 am

JS wrote:im homeschooled, i dont swear (unless i rip off half my toenail like 2 weeks ago) and i dont like others swearing too.
Considering this is on the internet, our board is already quite good for minimizing curse words. That said, with this board, while we don't encourage swearing (there are usually better ways to phrase things), we don't ban it outright either.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:38 pm

iSoaker, my way as a trap would be in this manner:
http://www.virginmedia.com/images/coke- ... 31x431.jpg

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:15 pm

Not sure about anyone else, but I wouldn't be too keen on being drenched in fizzy drink. Soooo sticky! :goofy:

DX

Post by DX » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:18 pm

I hear that Seal enjoys being drenched in sticky stuff...
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

JS

Post by JS » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:47 pm

........ok???????? I don't know how to respond to that.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:31 am

soakinader wrote:Hmm... I'd like to try, at a water war somewhere that 2L water bottles were being used as refill stations, to pop a couple of Alka-seltzer tablets into a bottle and screw it tight as fast as possible... I seem to remember a single tablet being enough to make a film capsule explode... or maybe just buy a bottle of soda water, shake like crazy, and remove the label...
As for super soakers, yeah I'm pretty paranoid about using anything other than liquid H20 with an acceptably low ppm of other substances.
Thats what I want to do too.......***LINK REMOVED***
That's the only water gun I'd actually do it on. (that I have) Definitely something a teen like me would do.
I like the Alka-selzter idea too, I might try that. But it works better with baking soda, I'm told. I heard that you want to do that outside otherwise you might get a hole in your roof when you do it with a film canister.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:16 am

Missed some content earlier which has now been removed.

Ok, just a reminder to people here so seem to forget, talk of use of water blasters for things that can be rather dangerous or even life threatening if not done with real care is strictly forbidden here. If you want to discuss those topics, great, just not here.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:59 pm

Oh, oops. Didn't know that. Sorry.