It's been a long time... - Update on my water war activities

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:01 pm

I know how you feel FF, up until now Vermont was a place where this kind of thing had never been heard of.
I'm now working hard, and with some notable success, to get a solid WW community established in my home state.
I've found that the two best things to do in terms of getting people interested are:

#1 is: Go to gatherings of people and bring as many water-weapons as you are willing to; show people how they work, pass them around, have a few soakfests then and there, BINGO! You've instantly got yourself a group of converts who are hungry for more, this is the time when you start talking about more serious issues like team, mods and homemade stuff.

The second thing to do is to get people near-by, who are really into the sport, to do the same as I said above. Get friends to tell friends to tell friends, then start harvesting the new-players and turn them into real fighters.

Don't expect to be having hard-core wars within the first few weeks, heck, it could be a year or more until you start having really hard-core fights. But with some time and effort, It is a very likely for you to be greatly successful.
Once a solid community is established, it won't take too much effort to keep it alive. As-long as you keep bringing in new people as older ones leave, what you build now could last for many years to come.

I'f your serious about doing this, then you may want to become a Rogue Member like myself.

Best of luck to you,
WaterWolf out.

Edited By WaterWolf on 1163387253
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:58 pm

FinalFantasizer wrote:I live in Georgia, soooo I'm geographically isolated from most of the water war community. I've been trying, without success, to get some hardcore wars started in my area for the past few months. I do know a few people who like water wars, but none who mod their guns or build homemades.

Two things to point out. 1: you don't need modded guns or homemades at all to have great water wars. However, it would be neat to build a WBL or something just to show off.

And 2: we're all isolated anyway. Just because you're, say, 1,000 miles from some people doesn't make much of a difference. Really. Do you think it's any easier to meet up when the separation distances are only a couple hundred miles? No, it isn't. The attempt to have a Soakerdom water war in Ridgewood failed, because the distances are a bit too high, even for people who can drive. Even if you lived in Virginia like me, heck even central Virginia, we'd all be isolated anyway.

EDIT: Heh, just realized you already had a great WBL. Good luck!

My friends are all obsessed with airsoft, so it's quite a bit tougher for me.

Edited By SilentGuy on 1163396543