Another kind of battlefield....

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:16 pm

I was away at a camp this weekend, bringing my flash flood and a squirt gun. My friends are going canoeing, then I fill up the guns and join the last boat to go out. The 2 are paddling while I was the gunner. We approached the other boats and I shot at some people. Then they splashed us back with the paddles, one tried to turn the boat over but didn't come close. I filled my flash flood by putting it in the water and pressing the fast fill cap. The water in the deeper, more centralized area didn't seem to be too dirty, the water shot was as clear as tap water and looked the very same. (Though I might run soapy water through it sometime to make sure no crap grows inside it. I definately did run tap water through it afterwards) Later others were throwing seaweed and stuff at the more shallow end of the lake. Interesting fighting, though it would've been much better if the others packed their guns. Does water a bit less clean that tap water really mess things up? And who else has done something like this?

Edited By C-A_99 on 1156205925
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Rook

Post by Rook » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:28 pm

Firstly, DO NOT run soapy water through your Flash Flood! It will damage the CPS chamber.

However, if you absolutely must, run very diluted hand soap (not dish soap) through it. I wouldn't do it unless stuff starts growing, though.

Secondly, I think this topic would be better suited for the Training Grounds.

Edited By Rook on 1156206801
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:30 pm

Sorry about the topic placement, can a mod move it?

Anyways, I'll just see if I have any problems with it later, which I'm not really expecting as it has never happened on any of the old guns I've seen, even ones (CPS guns) where the owners have left water in the reservoir.

I'm wondering just what a full true fight like this would be like, where everyone has a gun and people close up are trying to tip over others' boats, etc. The area around it is wooded quite a bit with some open trails that allow for some fights, but there is no room due to vegetation off the trails. No rivers nor bridges either.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:40 pm

Basic soap does essentially nothing to latex. Don't worry about that. Bleach and other powerful cleaners however should be avoided. Always check chemical compatibitily. I've linked to a manufacturer of LRT just so everyone knows the chart is referring to the correct rubber.

The same goes for other things as well. I've heard people recommend against use of petroleum jelly as a lubricant for rubber seals. Petroleum jelly only degrades natural rubber. Synthetic rubber is great with the stuff.

Some sort of simple filter on the intake should prevent any trouble. That is, if you use a water gun with a water intake. Otherwise you will have to filter it separately.

A lot of people discuss river rafting at SSC. This apparently is a big thing that few of us know about. I'm actually thinking about including a section about river rafting in my SSC update, but that's next year's business.

Rook

Post by Rook » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:05 pm

Sorry about that. I recall reading it somewhere. Well, at least I know now. Thanks.

I must admit, that does sound pretty interesting. I'd rather do it on one of those paddleboats where your feet turn a paddle. It's more hands free.

Edited By Rook on 1156219590
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:43 am

They didn't have paddleboats for us to use unfortunately, but those boats also do hold more people, and probably have room for water balloons, etc. I have never tried filling up the squirt gun since it never needed to be filled due to how much water it uses per shot, and the other gun I had was a flash flood with a quick fill, though I think screw-on caps on the CPS guns should work fine for this.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:33 pm

I actualy made a topic about this fairly recently.

http://www.isoaker.com/cgi-bin....0;t=225

Its an interesting Idea, but if I had regular Naval warfare in water wars, I would outfit the boats with more powerfull weapons. Somthing more like the high power WBLs and homemade water launchers.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:31 pm

Some others were trying to ram people, another completely failed at trying to tip over our boat. Unfortuantely, there isn't any lake me that would be good for boating so I don't think I can take this too far, and the most powerful weapon I have is a leaky 2100.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare