Super Soaker CPS 2500 strategy

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Obese_Panda

Super Soaker CPS 2500 strategy

Post by Obese_Panda » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:13 pm

Hey guys I know I'm new to this site but I just ordered a CPS 2500 but I need some strategy ideas.Thanks Guys :cps2500:

Me_Soak_U

Re: Super Soaker CPS 2500 strategy

Post by Me_Soak_U » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:22 pm

Well I would recommend staying away from the middle of the battle and snipe. You don't have to lay down and all that junk, but just stay on the outside to make up for the pump time/shot time ratio. I would stay on 20x until you start running low on water then drop to 10x, then 5x.
Keep Soaking!
Me_Soak_U
If you like water guns check out my youtube channel here:http://www.youtube.com/user/XxRnMproductionsxX
I'm That Guy With The 1700. Yeah the guy who drenched you? That's Me!

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:37 pm

Well, you'll be using up water quickly if you're not careful, so I would keep it on 10x for general combat (I think it shoots further than 20x anyway, if not then my personal favourite nozzle is the one that shoots the furthest).
Remember, the average user will be afraid of you, since you likely outpower them, although it also means you'll have people ganging up on you.
Like Me_Soak_U said, stay around the outside and use your range advantage. Only charge in and soak if you have an escape route ready, because you'll likely need to repump/refill quickly.

Obese_Panda

Post by Obese_Panda » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:50 pm

Thanks All for these replies :cps2500:
Goooo Red Sox!!!

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:27 am

What type of games will you be playing with it? The gametype alters the usage strategy substantially.

20x is rarely useful...out of all the wars I've used a 2500 in, I can't recall ever touching 20x because it's incredibly underpowered and has really bad range. Of all the guns that sport 20x or higher, the 2500's is among if not the weakest. 5x to skirmish, 10x to kill. 10x has the best range, but tap/pump with it to always keep pressure near full. I have no idea what people are talking about with the 2500 being thirsty...because it is certainly not, with tap shot capacity that can exceed 100 on 5x. That can last over 2 hours in mid-size one hit games. 10x uses pressure faster obviously, but a ratio of 3-4 pumps to each tap shot should keep you up at full. Pulse shots require a higher ratio. Never take a full shot unless you can afford to. If you only take full shots, the gun will last a matter of minutes instead of hours.

2500 is a highly versatile gun. It will perform well regardless of where you choose to place it in a formation. Your capabilities as a fighter and shooter will determine the best fighting style to match with the gun. That will also change with the game type and the caliber of weaponry that the enemy brings out. 2500 is intimidating when everyone is sporting crap guns and is nothing special in an all-CPS battle. You could get ganged up on, but the gun can manage multiple enemies if you are fast and can track multiple. Anything in the 40s will be an even match range-wise so don't rely on having a range advantage unless the enemy weaponry sucks. I find that one of the most effective ways to use the 2500 is pressing and taking shots, forcing the enemy to do battle and waste water. You can often rush them with 10x if they show weakness. Save 10x for surefire hits, but don't be afraid to skirmish and use water, it's equipped for almost whatever use you can handle for it.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Obese_Panda

Post by Obese_Panda » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:52 am

Hey thanks DX that really helped. Now sorry I'm asking this but can you please give me a review telling me how good the CPS 2500 is. Thanks Though!! and p.s. I like your vids :cps2500:
Goooo Red Sox!!!

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:01 am

iSoaker, SSCentral, and Aqua-Zone should have all the stats you'd need, plus user reviews. How good it is depends on a large variety of factors.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:23 am

No matter what kind of battle you are fighting, always pump up your pressure chamber to full when you have the chance. I can't advise that enough. The last ting you want to happen is to be all out of pressure and get attacked. It takes a decent time to pump up.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:59 pm

If you have a sidearm and/or water balloons and end up running out of pressure (which is bound to happen especially with a 2500 if you're particularly trigger happy or have tricky shots to deal with), you can use them to give yourself some breathing room if an opponent is pursuing you too quickly when you need to pressurize.

One of my friends always prefers 5x the smallest nozzle on a blaster with a selector, so he always uses 5x on the 2500. 5x or 10x are good combat nozzles either way, depending on your preferences. The range disparities between then aren't that great either.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat