Which would win? - Blazer vs. CPS 1200

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Speedbeetle06

Post by Speedbeetle06 » Wed May 24, 2006 6:23 pm

My friend will probably buy a blazer off of amazon soon, and he said he would sell me his old 1200 for $10. Since I supply all the weapons for the battles we have, and he will be on my team, the other team will have the 1200.

What I'm asking is, when the two go head to head, which will win?

Here's the catch: the team who will have the 1200 is not as experienced as our team.

P.S If this is in the wrong forum, please move it.
:blazer:

Edited By Speedbeetle06 on 1148513109

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Wed May 24, 2006 7:19 pm

guns... not users win wars ( A TOPIC if you read around)
VVV I know I being annoying (well, for you) but it depends on each situation, read the armoury, do you mean, Range? Output? Resevoir? Accuracy? (Most can be answered on the armoury)

Edited By supersoaker on 1148517252
:flashflood: :soaked:

hehe...
You don't want supersoaker as your enemy!

Speedbeetle06

Post by Speedbeetle06 » Wed May 24, 2006 7:22 pm

Ok then let me rephrase this.

Which GUN is better?

DX

Post by DX » Wed May 24, 2006 8:01 pm

There is no such thing unless a scenario is specified. Just saying "when the two go head to head" is not enough data. Do you want a comparison based on a flat out duel? If so, what is the experience gap [in more detail] between the users, the type of gameplay, the terrain, and how seriously you fight or how well versed you are in tactical theory?
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed May 24, 2006 10:13 pm

Speedbeetle06 wrote:My friend will probably buy a blazer off of amazon soon, and he said he would sell me his old 1200 for $10. Since I supply all the weapons for the battles we have, and he will be on my team, the other team will have the 1200.

What I'm asking is, when the two go head to head, which will win?

Here's the catch: the team who will have the 1200 is not as experienced as our team.

P.S If this is in the wrong forum, please move it.
:blazer:
If you want power and are not desperare for many nozzles, get the CPS 1200. Those are rarer anyways, while Blazers are not. There should be a common rule: If you have a choice between a pre-2003 CPS and a post-2003 CPS, always pick the pre-2003 soaker just to be on the safe side.

iliketuna

Post by iliketuna » Thu May 25, 2006 4:38 am

Duxburian wrote:There is no such thing unless a scenario is specified. Just saying "when the two go head to head" is not enough data. Do you want a comparison based on a flat out duel? If so, what is the experience gap [in more detail] between the users, the type of gameplay, the terrain, and how seriously you fight or how well versed you are in tactical theory?

wow i had no idea there were so many differing factors coming in to play in choosing between the 1200 and the blazer. can you give a scenario where a user would choose the 1200 over the blazer and another where the same user would prefer the blazer over the 1200? how about if the user is very tactical and heavily experienced in water warfare, which gun would he choose? would a less experienced user do better with the opposite gun? what if they were fighting in the park? would the opposite gun do better at the beach or in the forest?

Edited By iliketuna on 1148549956

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Thu May 25, 2006 2:38 pm

You have both guns to test.

GO TEST THEM!

DX

Post by DX » Thu May 25, 2006 3:07 pm

GO TEST THEM!

There's so much more to it than just testing guns and deciding one is better based only on stats. You have to factor in everything if you want to achieve victory. That's why some people can win with a terrible gun, or win while terribly outnumbered. Tactical theory can be more important than the guns themselves.

wow i had no idea there were so many differing factors coming in to play in choosing between the 1200 and the blazer. can you give a scenario where a user would choose the 1200 over the blazer and another where the same user would prefer the blazer over the 1200? how about if the user is very tactical and heavily experienced in water warfare, which gun would he choose? would a less experienced user do better with the opposite gun? what if they were fighting in the park? would the opposite gun do better at the beach or in the forest?

Stats where the 1200 > Blazer are stream velocity and modification. The 1200 has more power in its stream, and it travels faster. Useful for close quarters and fighting on the move. The 1200 is much easier to power mod than the Blazer, and you can up the 1200 stats to over 60ft range and over 15x output. However, that only applies if you do mod the gun.

Stats where the Blazer > 1200 are shot time and range. The Blazer has much better shot time and slightly better range. Good for long engagements, defense, and more range is almost always a good thing.

So, I would say Blazer > 1200 somewhat if left stock, 1200 > Blazer hands down modded, even if both are modded.

A user with long experience would pick the 1200, and they would not leave it a stock gun. They would mod it heavily and shock the enemy with the unexpected modded power and range. An inexperienced user would probably be better off with a Blazer due to the shot time, since newer members tend to not take tap shots and therefore waste a lot of water.

The type of battlefield matters in the extremes only, as in a huge, dense forest or a wide-open park. And even then, you can't determine the winner without factoring in experience. A more experienced user usually beats an inexperienced user, even with the worse gun.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Speedbeetle06

Post by Speedbeetle06 » Thu May 25, 2006 3:28 pm

If you read the start of this topic, I said that he will probably get a Blazer and I will be getting his 1200, meaning I don't have either one yet.

As for the scenario, it is a flat-out duel where the guns are stock and will be at close(5-10 feet) range to medium(15-20 feet) range, and the experience level between users about the same.

Edited By Speedbeetle06 on 1148589016

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu May 25, 2006 3:32 pm

As has been said above, stats alone only mean so much. Blazer (original) vs CPS1200 raw stats comparison. Experienced users prevail no matter which of these soakers he/she is using. However, stats alone aren't even enough to determine which soaker is better for a user. Some people prefer the feel/weight/flexibility of a particular soaker over another. What blaster is great for someone may be not optimal for another.

Which would win? Simple. The one *I* am using at the time!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Fri May 26, 2006 2:44 pm

If both players had equal experience, I'd say the Blazer. Better shot times, better range, seemingly higher output and more flexibility with the nozzles all add up to beat faster streams.
The next thread like this one should be "which gun would be more effective in the hands of the same person during a ... battle, :ss50: or :cps2500: ?" (just not neccessarily ss50 vs. a cps2500 :p

Edited By mr. dude on 1148672912

DX

Post by DX » Fri May 26, 2006 2:58 pm

If both players had equal experience, I'd say the Blazer. Better shot times, better range, seemingly higher output and more flexibility with the nozzles all add up to beat faster streams.

Not always. Fast streams are a lot more valuable than one would think at first. If this duel were first hit wins, stream velocity would be very important for making shots harder to dodge. Even with less range, fast streams can be deadly unless the other person has fast reflexes and reaction time.

Although I would go Blazer if this duel were decided by which person got soaked more. The long shot time of the Blazer would be a clear advantage there.

Notice also that I have neither fought, nor used, a Blazer. Tactical Theory works for all guns, even ones you have never seen in person, as long as you at least know their paper stats.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Fri May 26, 2006 4:49 pm

mr. dude wrote:If both players had equal experience, I'd say the Blazer. Better shot times, better range, seemingly higher output and more flexibility with the nozzles all add up to beat faster streams.
The next thread like this one should be "which gun would be more effective in the hands of the same person during a ... battle, :ss50: or :cps2500: ?" (just not neccessarily ss50 vs. a cps2500 :p

The only Blazer nozzle that would rival the output of the CPS 1200 is the largest setting on the 2005 Blazer version. And that nozzle happens to be underpowered. The 40 feet nozzle on the Blazer is the 3.5X nozzle, which is around half the output of the CPS 1200 stream that reaches over 40 feet. Head to head, my bet is on the CPS 1200. In my book the CPS 1200 is superior in per second output, power and distance.

CPS 1200 Review

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1148680326

DX

Post by DX » Fri May 26, 2006 10:14 pm

I wouldn't be too sure. You get that better output, but once it is done, the Blazer shot time does you. Even if both users took all tap shots, the 1200 would run out first. In a soakfest, you might as well flip a coin. Soaks more for shorter vs soaks less for longer. Longer shot time allows you to drag the stream around and get more of a person wet.

Notice that iSoaker gives the 1200 a strange range? 26.25ft at 45 degrees. There's no way that can be right...I bet you could get more than that level. Nibordude's 1200 was getting in the 40s before the mods.