Estimations on the amount of water used in a war

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
isoaker

Re: Estimations on the amount of water used in a war

Post by isoaker » Tue May 07, 2013 8:42 am

The whole thing that bugs me with the fact that some have concerns over the amount of water used in a water fight truly shows ignorance when it comes to the amount of water needed for so many other things that makes even the most excessive water fight look like a sneeze. When you have a water fight and you use 1 or even 20 gallons of water, well, you're using that amount. Now, when others go upgrade to the latest smart phone, new tablet, etc. and discard their own electronics, they usually don't consider the ridiculous amounts of water involved in the manufacturing process. As this article notes, one computer chip plant needs to burn through 2 million gallons of water per day and that's just one plant for some chips, forget about screens and other components. The only other time I think I could burn 2 million gallons of water a day is if I tried to fill my entire armoury at once! :goofy: More seriously, while there is definitely water needed for manufacturing the water blasters we use, the footprint of water use for water wars I'm quite certain is much, MUCH lower than things like playing video games or driving around in a car. On top of that, there's the health benefits of being outdoors, running around, playing with friends, making new friends, etc. Y'know, I think some people burn through more water flushing their toilets or taking a shower than we would use in a water fight.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue May 07, 2013 10:30 am

I think it'd be a good idea to throw together a short, but informative article on this with which we can link to others, addressing 2 concerns: environmental impact of tap water usage, and water bill.

Some toilets a whopping 5 GPF. You could have a good duel with light blasters with that much.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue May 07, 2013 12:59 pm

Yeah, I think the whole idea of waterguns being harmful for the environment is ridiculous. If anything, it's a good thing to be getting exercise and spreading water around the yard/woods/park.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.