You Want a Water War? I'll Give You a Water War!!!

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

You Want a Water War? I'll Give You a Water War!!!

Post by marauder » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:16 pm

By Grizzly of Ironstar
Marshall Reporter, the Pennsic Independent
Over 300 Pennsic youth stormed the Fort Monday afternoon.
Armed with water guns and water balloons the children of Pennsic rushed the Fort and the handful of adults that protected it. Armed with super soakers, hoses, and buckets of water, it looked as though the adults might actually hold the Fort. In the end, the overwhelming number of children was too much and they were able to storm the Fort, take prisoners and demand the treasure.
The Water Battle is an annual event that has been going on for about 11 years and is sponsored by Shadow Clans.
“It’s a blast! I love doing it each year,” said Taranach, one of the defenders who were taken prisoner in the fort. No ransom was asked or offered for Taranach, and he was released unharmed in the end.
The battle usually stems from some sort of betrayal by the adults towards the children. Swapping brussel sprouts for treasure and kidnapping Santa Claus were by far some of the worst offences and the ones that received the most violent response from the children.
The organizers of the event are very careful to hand pick adults as defenders and marshals who are very even-tempered and careful with the children. All children of Pennsic were welcome to join in the fun. Children over 40 could watch safely from the hay bales. At the end of the battle the adults gave up and relinquished their treasure: foam swords and bags of candy.
http://www.pennsicindependent.com/WaterBattle

My one question is, "How have we not known about this until now? This has been going on for 11 years and no one has stumbled onto the online watergun community to tell us about this. It just goes to show that while there may only be a few of us diehards who network online watergun fights are still very popular.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Re: You Want a Water War? I'll Give You a Water War!!!

Post by DX » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:55 pm

I would love to be on that tower with a water cannon...or just a really large balloon :p
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:28 am

We should compile a list of big recurring water wars like this and show up as a group one year. I'll see what I can do.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:10 am

EPIC. Since it was a soakfest, I don't think it'd be very difficult to get to the door, but anyone who even gets close will likely get soaked by an easily defended position. If this was a real war, the assault would need a lot of firepower to get through. (or maybe not, since bullets can easily cut through wood...)

Great stuff.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:55 pm

[quote=marauder4]My one question is, "How have we not known about this until now? This has been going on for 11 years and no one has stumbled onto the online watergun community to tell us about this. It just goes to show that while there may only be a few of us diehards who network online watergun fights are still very popular.[/quote]
Looks like a blast, but I must ask: how did you find out? :D

Unfortunately, I get the impression that the people there were mainly there for the Pennsic War. Imagine the reactions you'd get for saying, "Yeah, I came here for the dinky little water war." Not that that would stop me!

AquaNinja

Post by AquaNinja » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:08 pm

Well that just looks EPIC! I would really love to actually be there storming the fort, but seriously I would take a supercannon II and a douchenator. Those damn adults wouldn't stand a chance!

:helix: :cps2500:
Soaking the UK! :soaked:

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:48 am

As more of a defensive nooB I would love to be in the fort.

Long live the CPS!
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:53 am

*Lord of the Rings music plays in the background*
Does this still go on?