East Hill Park Water War

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
teamfear

East Hill Park Water War

Post by teamfear » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:28 pm

I just got back from a 4 person water war. It was mainly for fun but we use water mines, water balloons and dug fox holes. It was at a park and we played Headquarters and Attackers style games along with OHK. There were a few good guard towers. The only downside was the amount of people. It was still a blast.

steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Re: East Hill Park Water War

Post by steelboot. » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:34 pm

Cool. Could you write up a bit of a battle report for the OHK? If not, don't sweat it - I just like reading about successful water wars.
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:34 pm

Sounds interesting that you seem to have a nice place to war and were able to dig. (seriously though, how big were the fox holes?) How high were the towers? As for attendance, did people simply not show up? (pretty annoying when that happens; people saying they will come and half of them don't)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:25 pm

I don't know If I will have time for a write up. I don't remember specific details. The One tower was about 2 meters high. It was a play climber. The other was like a fort about 1 meter High. The fox hole was not that deep. We put a rifle man in it and a guard in the tower while one person attacked. We were out of water balloons so it was somewhat effective. I may make a map.

The Park

"Fox Hole Set up"

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:28 am

Sounds like fun. How was the weather?

I'm not sure what makes a playground structure "fort style"...are there walls or something? The ones I've seen are all built with rails that you can pass between, at least at ground level.

I'm also a little surprised that they didn't mind having fox holes dug in the playground. If the ground was just mulch or something, though, I suppose you could easily fill the fox holes back up.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:01 am

/\ I'm guessing it was just sand.

One thing you want to watch are the distances between features. If the area is large, you may not be able to protect those in the foxhole from the tower, at least not easily. (i.e. if the enemy can dodge streams easily at the range you need to attack them) Plus, the foxhole seems to be a very vulnerable position to high arc shots. As for water balloons, ALWAYS carry a bag of unfilled ones if you need to use a lot of them. Fill them up with your gun (and carry water bottles for filling your gun back up, most guns should be able to fill them but the best are low-pressure elastic, i.e. HydroPower WW's), and throw them. You may not even need to tie them if they hold together when thrown in trajectory. Either way, this ensures that you never run out of water balloons again, only water. (which is inevitable anyawy)

Of course, I'd need to see a lot more detail of the area to make better judgements on this.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:26 pm

The park was empty and the weather was great. It wasn't really a fort but we referred to that area as one. It started to rain but stopped as soon as we go there.

[img]http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... _n.jpg[img]

Heres a shot of the park from Google earth.