Canadian Tire Smart Alicks

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
teamfear

Canadian Tire Smart Alicks

Post by teamfear » Thu May 28, 2009 3:54 pm

I recently called my local canadian tire store looking for a max D 6000. They redirected me to the sports section and I asked if he could breifly give me a summary of which ones they had. After many clear pronuciations he kept saying 'Water duns?" untill I finally Explained. Then I heard him talk to his partner about how "there is some little kid on the phone asking about water guns, I dont wanna go read them off" Then he gave me some bogus names. I told him how i heard his converstation and asked if they were real but he said; "I just read off three off three" and hung up. They moved water guns to the sports section in that store but they stil are the subpar waterguns of today and their employees treated it like an absoloute joke. Walmart right now is the best place for larger guns in my area with WW's gun's but my toys are us has a large selection but no max d 6000's. Does anyone know where i can purchase a max d 6000 without going online.

:cps2000: :x (<-canadian tire employee)

steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Re: Canadian Tire Smart Alicks

Post by steelboot. » Thu May 28, 2009 4:03 pm

That's really unfortunate. There are too many people who think that water guns are "childish". The worker's behaviour was, in my opinion, disgraceful. While I have never experienced what you did, I still empathize. Boycott their store.
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Thu May 28, 2009 4:08 pm

With it being 24.99 for a flash flood (the only real one he mentioned) I would never come near this store. I've gotten FF's for 10 bucks.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu May 28, 2009 9:02 pm

I would have talked to the manager about that. I haven't seen any Max D 6000s around here. I don't like them because of the Max D nozzle system.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Fri May 29, 2009 12:17 pm

I was considering it but I didnt want to complain about something like that because its not a big deal and theres nothing really i could gain from it other than revenge.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri May 29, 2009 6:58 pm

Revenge? No. I'm certain that their manager would want to know if they did anything wrong. And from what you've described I would not be surprised if this was not an isolated incident, so by getting them reprimanded or fired you could accomplish some real good that would help others.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri May 29, 2009 8:33 pm

I would also caution you not to write off every Canadian Tire store in the world. What these guys did is hopefully not too common, and I remember the franchise was selling CPS-line water guns as recently as a couple years ago—so they may be useful in the future.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri May 29, 2009 8:59 pm

One time on a road trip, we made a rest stop at a restaurant and the manager wouldn't let us use the restroom. You just get those kind of people now and then in businesses.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

metaturtle

Post by metaturtle » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:21 pm

what jerks honestly

what happened in the end teamfear

i will not step into that store (unless there is a discount lol)

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:28 pm

I didn't buy from them. They only had flash floods. I will see if I can find discounts later in the year though. This is kind of an old topic though.

UPDATE: They have flash floods for 12 $ on sale. I may buy one.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:54 am

That's a great deal! Flash Floods are a bit rare and $12 is a great price. The Arctic Blasts are kind of similar but after battling with them a lot lately I think the Flash Flood is superior. In fact, there is no reason to get an Arctic Blast if you can get a Flash Flood in my opinion. The Flash Flood's FF nozzle shoots much further than my 2 Arctic Blasts do. I got almost 50 feet out of the Flash Flood when I removed the wire screen, the Arctic Blast shoots about 20 feet or maybe less when I do that. The Flash Flood also holds more.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.