Its been a long time!

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
GutsNGlory

Its been a long time!

Post by GutsNGlory » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:52 am

Needless to say, I was thrilled when I learned that some real familiar faces (..so to speak) were still around in the soaker community. I was working on some calendar events for youth planning (work) and one of the activities that I wanted to plan for the kids was, natually, a good old-fashioned waterfight. So, jumping online, the SSC forums caught my eye, and I was sucked in. Gosh...I was able to see the site (GnG) for the first time in a LONG time( as in, several years), and well...its still really broken haha. But talk about a wave of memories! And how cool to see that iSoaker is still around (not that I ever doubted :D ), but also Ben from Hydrowar (w00t!), Budgie from Aquazone, and Shadowstrike of AquaNexus (I think??)...

I'm proud to know that all these influential people and webmasters from the last of the golden age are still here to contribute. I have been always proud to call you my friends. (I was going to say 'online' friends, but it just sounded way too funny :goofy: )

I hope all you newbies realize you are in the presence of some awesomeness here with these guys!

So, whats everyone been up to?? I'm now married, working in CO, and I still have a lot of the soaker collection (other than selling a few MXs I had) but it is still in VA. I have with me two soakers I brought out with me, my XP-150 and CPS-1000 (with the 10000 mod). Ben, you still have the CPS-2000? I'd love to hear about where your lives have taken you thus far!

I wonder, is there any way to organize a chat? I remember trying to plan one of those back in the day was like pulling teeth but was a HUGE blast whenever we were able to pull it off. Love to catch up and know what I've missed.

I've got to say, I'm really impressed. I was reading a few posts about how the soaker community has been dying a slow death. Well, looks like its alive and kicking to me! Looks like just a natural paradigm shift of the youth of today being less exposed to outdoor activities, and thus, soakers. However, it looks like you guys are keepin' it real.

So, to all my brothers, yo!!

-Dave (XN)
Guts N Glory Water Wars

isoaker

Re: Its been a long time!

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:42 am

XN?! WOW! Great to "see" you! Married and all? Pretty sweet!

As you can see, *we* have been keeping it busy and doing what we can to promote water warfare. Definitely miss having you 'round; you're definitely always welcome whenever you've got the time! Me, I'm married and now have an 8-month-old lil' dude who has already *soaked* his dad a number of times! :goofy: Will be training him in the art of water warfare as soon as he isn't eating everything he holds! *laugh*

Lots of other things going on, too. In terms of organizing a chat, we can try to do something somewhere. Not sure what/where would be the optimal place to hold on. I'm open to suggestions.

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

GutsNGlory

Post by GutsNGlory » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:29 am

Hah, thats great to hear! Its good to know that I'm not the only 'old man' hangin around here. :D You know, there have been lots of times that I've wondered, haven't I outgrown this? But then I think about all the fun summers where waterfights were the standard, and plenty of adults rolled w/ it and had a blast too. Besides, when we get old enough and have kids, they start to grow up and then it can start all over again!

I know you what you mean with the kid, my sister's its pretty good at that too. And congratulations!

A chat would be way fun if we could get enough people into it. Any suggestions of a good place to host it at?

Its good to be back.

GnG

Shadowstrike Prime

Post by Shadowstrike Prime » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:02 pm

Holy crap, there's a screen name I haven't seen in years. Good to see you around, XN! I'd be up for a chat, but I don't have yahoo messenger installed anymore. What does everyone use these days anyway? I'm a Windows Live Messenger dude, myself.
"...Yes."

GutsNGlory

Post by GutsNGlory » Mon May 25, 2009 1:06 am

SSP,

not really sure when we'll get the chance...although if we did I think Messenger sounds like a good option. Hows things been going?

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon May 25, 2009 8:02 pm

How did I not see this??? Why did no one PM me about this! Welcome back Dave!!! This is the man that got me into Dogwood, Zao, Thrice, and xDisciplex AD, which helped shape the sound of my band.
Yes, I still have your 2000, and 3200, and 750. Call me a stalker, but I have looked you up on facebook and myspace before. Of course I never found you though. I was actually out in Colorado last week. A friend of mine from the army went out west with me for 2 weeks. We hiked Zion, the Grand Canyon, Brice, Arches National Park, some places in the Rockies in Colorado, hung out in Colorado Springs, etc. I'm starting my senior year of college at the University of Charlotte, majoring in History and Archeological Anthropology. I plan on going all the way for my PhD so that I can either teach (hs or college) or work for the government or army as a foreign cultural adviser. I'm in the Army Reserves and play guitar/sing for a band.
I always figured you'd go into youth ministries or something like that. I would love to help out with something like that too. You know the Vermin Wars all got started through a Church watergun fight.
Anyway, you can hit me up on yahoo: marauder_4 or punkr0ckcowboy, msn: marauder_4@yahoo.com, or aim: punkr0ckcowboy Glad to know that you are doing well! Oh, and Hydrowar is still around too.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Shadowstrike Prime

Post by Shadowstrike Prime » Tue May 26, 2009 8:13 pm

GutsNGlory wrote:SSP,

not really sure when we'll get the chance...although if we did I think Messenger sounds like a good option. Hows things been going?
Doing ok, can't complain. Glad to see you around, I'll put my messenger info in my profile so we can maybe chat sometime.
"...Yes."

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:45 pm

Back from the dead... Wow some familiar old names popping up on here. This should be stickied for those of us that come back and are trying to see who is still around. What's good everyone?