how does water warfare work, im new

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
z0-z0

how does water warfare work, im new

Post by z0-z0 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:38 pm

IM TOTALLY NEW TO THIS IVE READ EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE CAN SOMEONE FILL ME IN???!!!!!

SSCBen

Re: how does water warfare work, im new

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:17 am

Welcome to iSoaker.com!

I'm a little confused about how you need to be filled in if you've read everything on the site. It's probably safe to assume that you haven't read literally everything.

I wrote a good introduction to water guns and water wars on my website: http://www.sscentral.org/intro/

Water warfare basically works when more than one person has a water gun and they start firing at each other. After that, all hell breaks loose... :)

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:38 am

Welcome to iSoaker.net!

*Sidenote: in the future, please do not use ALL CAPS when posting a message.

As Ben noted, if you had read everything on the site, your question would be rather odd to ask.

As for how water warfare works, for a primer specific for water warfare, check out: Water Warfare: Basics If you have more specific questions on how to set up games, etc., feel free to ask!

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:57 am

not just the all caps typing like this without punctuation it can also get annoying, see what I mean?

The articles linked to above do a pretty good explanation of water warfare. Basically, game setups are pretty much limitless in water warfare, especially considering its the only war-game where people can senselessly blast at others without having to worry about reloading every shot or about causing bruises to the other player. (the exception being the obvious: point blank shots to the face, etc.)

My own team's common rulesets are listed here. http://hbww.fateback.com/HBrules.html We're pretty much well past the stage where streams of water are starling, those good old days where one is scared of water coming from water guns, which explains why we have a more strict ruleset which may not work as well for beginner teams.

Be wary of making rulesets though. Personally, I tend not to like rules that ban attacking others during refilling, as that completely defeats a tactical option right there. Even if you choose to, remember that simply stating "no attacking those who are refilling" in itself is a loophole: one could load the reservoir with just enough water to pressurize, then before attacking, he could stack a 2-liter bottle on top of the refill cap and still shoot. But technically, he's refilling and can't be attacked, no?

That example was rather extreme, but it comes to show the reason that I don't implement certain rules.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat