Refilling Methods

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
isoaker

Refilling Methods

Post by isoaker » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:53 pm

What methods do you guys use to refill your blasters? What are your preferred means of refilling?

Perhaps, the most common sources of water members use are from hoses (with or without fast-fill devices), faucets, taps, and water bottles. Others may use things like large buckets, pools, other soakers, etc. There are also those who refill from natural sources such as streams, rivers, etc. Different methods have certain advantages and disadvantages.

Perhaps you guys have particular ideas of suggestions on ways to improve water blaster refilling efficiency or good thoughts on refilling in a "hot zone". What do you do when refilling?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Rising Flood

Re: Refilling Methods

Post by Rising Flood » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:19 pm

Depending on the place, either hose or drinking fountain. In all of my wars, refill areas are no-shoot zones and if you're out of water you are safe. I usually just refill straight from the source, but if a water gun is shaped awkwardly, I first put the water in a cup or something, then just put it in my blaster.

If the hose or whatever is not declared a safe zone and there is a battle going on around me, my actions would depend on the game type. If OHK, I would not refill all the way--I would just refill maybe half a tank to save time, and I still have enough water to attack. If it was a soakfest, I'd fill up a full tank-Who cares if I get soaked? I'll just soak them back when I'm done.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:14 pm

Since I've really only fought around houses, I usually fill at hoses, and if anyone tries to attack there, I just shoot them with the blaster, given someone else is helping me fill, otherwise I just point the hose at them. Declaring safe zones IMO is no good for water warfare and takes some away at the tactical opportunities. (though it can create others) A general "no attacking when refilling" rule alone has plenty of loopholes; one could put a water bottle on top of his reservoir and call that refilling. (and still go around shooting people if the rule isn't defined properly)

Swimming pools: too much chlorine, and natural sources aren't the best either so I've always stuck to using the tap.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Verok

Post by Verok » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:44 pm

I usually use a hose to refill, but when i am doing drive by's and I'm too far from a refill point i usually use a water cooler or 2L bottle's that are in the back of my bike
Super Soaker XP 85 Triple Shot water gun was my first water gun.