What to eat?

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Evangel

What to eat?

Post by Evangel » Fri May 16, 2008 2:18 pm

Up to now I haven't been quite sure of what to eat before a war for optimal energy and performance. Our next war is tomorrow, and we need to decide on a place to go for lunch on the way to the battlefield.

Sparrow seems to disagree with anything with too many calories and carbs because of the risk of crashing. And usually fast food is the LAST thing on my list because I always feel sluggish after eating fast food, but Sparrow discussed with me that it shouldn't hurt me particularly since I get all my stuff plain with no extra stuff; must be the fries that do me in, too much salt. O_o

Any ideas on places to stop for a quick bite to eat that won't slow us down?

emperor_james

Re: What to eat?

Post by emperor_james » Fri May 16, 2008 2:44 pm

Carbs basically. You'll crash if you dont eat enough calories, not if you eat too many. Fast food has alot of fat usually, but most restaurant food does. Still it probably won't have a huge impact on your performance.
ownage

Croc

Post by Croc » Sat May 17, 2008 9:15 am

If you still haven't decided, go to somewhere that has pasta. You need lots of carbs, which will give you ready to access energy, unlike fats, which require more of a solid workout beforehand

DX

Post by DX » Sat May 17, 2008 12:15 pm

Pile on the carbs. You won't crash until after the war. Don't get fast food.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat May 17, 2008 7:03 pm

It depends on your metabolism, so you'll have to find out for yourself. Some people process carbs better than fats, some vice versa. And your body can adapt.

Carbs should definitely help, although don't eat unhealthily. Honestly, though, just get a good night's sleep and don't worry about nutrition at the last minute.

twinkiewarrior93

Post by twinkiewarrior93 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:56 pm

I'd go with pasta, because 1) It's normally a good time, especially with spaghetti! *SLURP* 2) It, as many others have said, is high in carbs,especially when you put sauce and cheese in it! Man, now I want some random shape of pasta smothered in alfredo, my siggy dish! Although, don't eat alfredo sauce, it IS high in fat. But with my already extremely overweight body, it doesn't really affect me much.