Our Team Emblem!

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Evangel

Our Team Emblem!

Post by Evangel » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:02 pm

Check it out!

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t149 ... blem-1.png

If that's not cool, I've been working with a patch design company to develop it into a patch that we will wear on our uniforms. Looks awesome!! 8)

This is the digital sample I just received, this is what the patch will look like in real life.
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t149 ... 481687.jpg
Last edited by Evangel on Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

isoaker

Re: Our Team Emblem!

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:16 pm

Nice! For the web, try using less compression on the JPG image since it's generating some colour artifacts, especially around the text. Otherwise, nice design!

Keep us up-to-date with how the final uniforms look like with the patch and all!

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Evangel

Post by Evangel » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:25 am

Less compression... No idea what that means, but I'll keep it in mind. lol

Anyway, the uniforms will have a similar theme (ninja) but unique for each person's style. As you know, my uniform is a full gi with tactical vest and mask, while Seraph seems to have kind of a Kankuro look in mind. Sparrow just joined the Army so chances are he won't be joining us this season while he's in BTC, but his uniform would be identical to mine, but with a Mist Village headband in place of mask (his long hair lets him pull it off nicely lol).

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:14 pm

Quality looks fine to me, perhaps the browser was resizing the image and, consequently, making it look bad.

Very interesting though... We don't really even have a logo yet (well, it changes all the time and I have too much of a time in photoshop for the logos to be patch-able), much less formal teams.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:43 am

@C-A_99: overall, the image looks fine, but if you look at the text, particularly the colour areas around the text, I see patches of different colours I'm fairly sure that are not intentional. I believe the text is meant to be on a solid colour background.

@Evangel: what program did you use to create the original image? If you'd like, if you send me the base file (assuming I can read the file format), I can quickly see if I can help create better exported images for your use. Granted, I could also try to clean up the problem areas I notice in the above JPG, but that is less effective overall (not to mention a lot more work, too). :goofy:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:28 am

Oh, I thought you were talking about the picture, not the logo. Yes, I noticed it too, but I thought it was rather minor. Still, .png or .gif would've been much better formats to use. (requires few colors, maintaining the small filesize)

@evangel: To fix the quality, just go back to the original file, save as a .png or .gif (I wouldn't recommend .gif if you're using paint or any other image editor that will create dithering) and re-upload it.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Evangel

Post by Evangel » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:58 pm

I don't think all that really matters that much, do you? The distortion doesn't bother me that much, just how jpegs are.

Actually I used Microsoft Word to put it together so I could use the margins to easily measure the size. Then I saved it as a .bmp. When I filled the order form online, the consultants at the patch company recommended uploading the image as a .jpg though, so that's what I re-saved it as.

I have the original, without all the color distortions, but the jpeg is just fine IMO as it's hardly noticeable to me.

EDIT: K I reuploaded it. Happy now? -_-; lol

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:09 pm

Heres one that I've been working on for the Maple-Mountain Marines:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:44 pm

Heh, well, I guess I'll post up mine too, the one that's currently in use.

HydroBrawl Water Warfare

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:29 pm

I like these Team Emblems you guys have created!

For those who have teams, would you guys like to have a forum on here specifically made for discussion of Team activity including, but not limited to, team descriptions, team battle reports, etc. While I wouldn't expect such a forum to have a huge amount of regular posts at first, it could end up being a very useful resource.

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:51 pm

Love to!
I've been debating lately wether to start a forum or blog for the M.M.M and would be grateful for the help.

I bet I could get at-least a few of my people to start talking regularly.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

Evangel

Post by Evangel » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:54 pm

UPDATE: Just received the patches in the mail today and they look AWESOME! Better than could've imagined. All that's needed to do now is assemble the rest of the uniforms, take them to a tailor or something to apply the patches, and we're good to go for this season! :cool:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:16 pm

Sounds great! Keep and posted and show us how your uniform ends up turning out when they're done!