Water Weapons Link - Water Weapons Site Link: Interesting

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:22 pm

I found the link to the water weapons site. I was browsing ISoaker Heroes, and this site was mentioned. I'd never previously been on it before, it seems quite old. I still have to check it out more and try out the links.

Here It IS!!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:41 pm

Nice re-find! Senility has hit me as I swore I had seen this newer URL and added it to the Links page on iSoaker.com, but obviously hadn't. At any rate, Water Weapons is probably *THE* page that inspired me to create a Super Soaker website in the first place.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:17 pm

Wow! That's pretty cool!
Hearing that from you is more than enough to compel me to ad that to my bookmark list :-P
I'm impressed with his reviews very much.
I mean, there's not a ton of them, but they're pretty nice.
i_soaker, do you know when that site started?

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:37 am

I don't get that site.
Soak On!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:43 am

Ian's a really cool guy. I emailed him a few months ago and he filled me on a lot of the details of his website.

The best known version of his site was Super Soaker Arsenal, which essentially was an expanded version of this "proto-Super Soaker Arsenal" website. Super Soaker Arsenal was hosted on Geocities until maybe 4 years ago, likely deleted due to inactivity. It's a shame I know. Sadly, Ian doesn't have a copy he can access (he thinks it's on a zip disk from what I remember). I did save a bunch of pages from the Internet Archive, but it isn't the same without the original Super Soaker Arsenal logo.

He started the website in late 1995 or early 1996 as part of an independent study on web design. He was actually in a computer lab thinking of what to make his website about when he was ambushed by some "Super Soaker toting friends" as he put it. He searched the internet for a bit and couldn't find anything, so he decided to make a Super Soaker website.

Anyway, if you like his website and want to see some more, wait for my interview with him when I update my website.

Edited By Ben_ on 1184763063

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:04 am

@Ben: You've gotten recently in touch with Ian H.? Cool! He's a great guy! Know if he's still running a toy store?

In terms of website creation, I know I definitely stumbled across it in 1996 when I first began dabbling a little more in website design (oh how designs have changed since then). Of course, the internet was much, MUCH smaller then and having webspace was rare for the typical individual.

Lessee... I recall using Mosaic in 1992 to browse some scientific sites... Netscape in 1996 to browse primarily commercial and educational sites. Man how time flies...

:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: