Independence Day = 3 Years for iScF

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
DX

Post by DX » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:47 am

I would have put this in Special Announcements, but not even mods can start topics there...

At 2:51 PM tomorrow, these forums will become 3 years old. I'm posting this now because I probably won't be sitting at home in front of a computer on the 4th :laugh: .

3 years ago, a new bastion of hope rose from the depths of confusion and sorrow. 3 years ago, we began anew, uncertain about the future. 3 years later, we find ourselves in a position of prosperity, rapid growth, and most importantly, server stability :goofy: . Let us remember the good times [2004, now] and the bad alike [Pirate 7, RAK]. Though sometimes, I cannot help but wonder what might have happened if WWN had not fallen. We only recently passed WWN's total post count at the 2nd crash. It would have had over 80,000 by now, possibly even higher. Then again, the community would not be the same as it is today, who knows what might have happened on the darker side of things...

Happy almost-birthday iSoaker Forums! :soakon2:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:01 pm

@Duxburian: Ack! My mistake forgetting to add moderators to the allowable posting permissions for this forum. Doh! :goofy: Fixed now.

Technically, the iSoaker.com Forums went public on July 16th, though they were installed on July 4th, the day after the uber-crash at WaterWar.net. Ironic anniversary now that you brought that point up, IMO.

At any rate, it's always interesting to see how things have evolved overtime. Many good times and bad times have been seen through the years of soaking online, from MiB to Aquatica to present. Many have come and gone over the years, but we are still able to talk soakers and water warfare online with those that share our passion.

No one can predict what the future will bring, but I plan to keep on soakin' for decades to come (so long as I can still type and hold a water blaster)! :goofy: Hope those in the US have a great Fourth of July tomorrow and may the community continue to grow and get better overall!

Soak on!

:cps2000: :soaked: :cps2500:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:06 pm

I didn't know they went public on the 16th, I joined on the 4th. :p I actually remember following a link and finding these forums, newly set up, perhaps only a couple of minutes after installation, for iSoaker was the only member. I was mad because at that time, I did not have a web-based email [was on a trip and couldn't register until I came back home]. By then, 16 other people had already registered, so I was stuck with member number 18 when it should have been 2. :angry:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:28 pm

Happy birthday! I'm actually fairly happy to have joined after all the board changes at various places...seems like it was a bit chaotic. I don't know. :laugh:

Yep, congrats on getting a stable server, iSoaker, and let's hope the forums continue to grow!

(Although I'm still waiting to see your official ranges for this year's water guns. Now, I know it's stopped raining at least once since you got the soakers. :laugh:)

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:32 am

Happy Independence Day for those it concerns!

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: