Forest Tatics - How to beat somebody in a forest

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:46 pm

If you play like my friends and I do (if anyone does), you can lose or gain ground by defeating someone on a battlefield to gain, then on its neighboring battlefield you lose and you lose ground. Well if you are losing ground and in a few battles you will be chased into a forest if you keep losing ground, lose ground. But first you need to make a lot of water balloons and you will need to prepare for the forest battle:
*Put some water balloons on the ground and cover them with leaves. Make sure your team knows where the water balloons are at. Go through there, avoiding the "mines". The enemy will hit them, soaking their shoes and feet.
*Put a basket full of water balloons or a bucket of water in a tree. Then climb up the tree. When an enemy comes through, dump the basket or bucket on them. Make sure you have a quick way to get away, like a long piece of wood you can run down.
*Dig a big hole and fill it with water. When the enemy falls in it, they will get soaked!
*Put snipers in trees.
*Tape balloons to the branches that have grown over the path you are going to lead the enemy down. Then put snipers in the trees. Then have the snipers shoot the balloons, not the people. The balloons will explode, raining down water on the other team. It is harder to trace the snipers that way, so they have more time to get away and may cause more people to get soaked even more.
*Run water hoses under the leaves. Then walkie-talkie someone manning the on switch where the hose is hooked up to turn it on when the enemy walk over the end. They will get soaked from the feet up.

If anyone knows any more, please post them as a response so I can use them!

Grand General Napoleon out.

Edited By WaterNapoleon on 1160435871
<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Grand General Napoleon out.</span>

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:11 pm

While some of these ideas might be functional, it all sounds very impractical. For example, snipers in trees are hard to do in water wars, and huge holes in the ground are hard to dig, dangerous, and will leak unless you use a trash bag. Also, holes in water hoses wouldn't always face up--lawn sprinklers are far more effective. And finally, the Flash Floods idea is just crazy.

Good, simple tactics and ambushes are likely to be far more effective.

WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:55 pm

I have some very insane ideas that sometimes work and sometimes backfire. It depends on how it is setup. The Flash Flood idea works sometimes, depends how you and the Flash Floods are positioned. And the hole meant the end of it positioned to squirt in an up position. And can't somebody climb a tree? And not huge, just 6 inches deep by 6 inches in diameter. And not a pit either, more like a crater.

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Grand General Napoleon out.</span>

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:05 pm

@WaterNapoleon: have you ever managed to set-up a Flash Flood trap as the one you described using strings to activate the Flash Flood triggers? If so, I am curious how you mounted the Flash Floods to have them fire when the strings are pulled.

Water balloon mines or pits with water are nowadays considered bad ideas as water balloons don't have much effect when stepped on while pits can end up causing someone to sprain their ankle which just isn't cool.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:43 pm

Traps are a Fort-Building Era concept [really outdated]. In the Progressive and Fluid Eras, the best trap is a person. Hence the rise of the ambush. There are more variants of the ambush than any other type of tactic. Withdrawing into a heavily forested area is perfect for setting one up, especially if you're chased in. Hit the enemy with a Sprinters' Ambush or a Staggered Ambush. If worst comes to worst, a well-executed Swinging Pendulum Defense will take the momentum out of an enemy advance in such an area. It's the most original and useful defence ever created, yet nobody takes advantage of it!

Water balloons are also not battle practical by Fluid Era standards. You'd have much better luck ambushing with a good gun.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:49 pm

Not pit... crater... you know shaped like a plate... but stepping in six inches of water is a real slower downer. I had someone swear they twisted their ankle in a crater once but they walked fine, showed no signs of pain, never twisted their ankle (I saw them, they just stepped in it), and they also hated my guts. All they did was grab their ankle and said they twisted it.

Don't use the Flash Flood tactic. You can break your Flash Flood trigger.

And I find old concepts useful a lot of the time. I'm usually outnumbered.

Edited By WaterNapoleon on 1160435929