Goals before the end of the season - ^

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:47 pm

For those in the Northern Hemisphere, what are your goals before the amount of useful daylight dwindles away?
For those in the Southern Hemisphere, what are you doing to prepare for the arrival of spring?

---------------------------

For me, I've got a number of life-changing-events coming up. I'll explain more in about a month or so...

As for soaker-related stuff, I hope to have at least one or two more soakfests. My hope to try some organized water warfare has all but fallen apart this summer. Pity. Site-wise, I hope to make some decisions soon as to how I want to improve the site and then begin work towards implementing them (a lot of the changes will require a bunch of back-end rebuilding, but hopefully it'll make info much simpler to find).

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:45 pm

Goals?

I want to start trying to learn how to drive again. I nearly caused a multi-car pileup that would've certainly killed me last time I was behind the wheel, and now that my brother has his license, he'll be a better teacher than my dad.

Ask a girl I work with to go out with me in a group setting (to start with).

Relearn how to use my battle-rifle effectively. Take my carbine out to 50 and 100 yards.

Take up my "adult" writing again. I'm 6 pages in and its daunting to the point where I can't do more than look at the screen. I'd like to have a working draft of the book finished by next summer, but right now my goal is just to start again.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:05 pm

To get through school. Seriously, I don't have time for anything...given that I do both band and Cross Country, I'm at school from 7:45 AM to 5:45 PM, with tons of homework to do and band/cross-country/perhaps even debate events very often. I'm in a mess, and I'll probably have to drop something.

Make another homemade, so I can actually fight with one against one. Actually, I've got quite a bit of work to do on my first one itself.

Have more water wars. It really isn't too late, but now I need to find the time; I had my first one a few days before school, though more are possible. I should probably get some of my friends instead of just neighbors...

Finally make a complete switch to Linux. It shouldn't be too hard, but I always say I'm waiting for the next half-yearly Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu release...

DX

Post by DX » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:45 pm

School is extremely important this year, and especially the first quarter. My college application(s) [hoping only one will be necessary, the early decision one] need a strong first quarter, and a strong year in general. With challenging courses, that will certainly be a mad drain on my energy and time. When you throw in winter and spring track, I'll be exhausted. In the winter, I leave home before the sun rises and get back after it sets!

I need to get more wars going. July and August tend to be low key as far as wars go, kind of like a midpoint break. We go right back at it during September and October [wars are easier to organize during school]. Extending the season through November isn't unheard of, and Waterbridge may be willing to do so, provided that the RM keeps its undefeated record.

I have to make my piston Death Cannon. And the 3rd generation Douchenator. And fix the 2nd, of which part of the barrel exploded. And finish my mini water cannon. And finish the APR 4000.

I also have to finish Soaker Media, finish the forum transfer, keep working on my book, etc. the list goes on.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:16 am

I'm trying to get better prices on old water guns but that's not going too well. I also have work to do on my CPS 2100 and the SC 400. During the winter, I might create a homemade or WBL but I'm not sure that'll happen.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:35 am

My water warfare goals are to succesfully k-mod multiple guns, create a homemade, and to have a HUGE water fight during day and night at a campground. My out of water warfare goals are to do well in school. :cool:
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...