Volunteer for the Worst Job in Soakerdom

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
DX

Post by DX » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:17 pm

Yup, I'm looking for someone who would like to have the worst job in Soakerdom. What does it involve doing, you might ask? Simply put, I need someone to make the drawings for the tactics section of my "book". The most basic tactics only need one, while the more advanced tactics may need 2-4. There is a heck of a lot to draw, and I will provide all the text so you'll know what it is that's going on.

Anyone up for it? I certainly am not, hence why I am asking "you". :goofy:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:57 pm

I would do it but I am very bad at drawing :( . I hope that you find some-one skilled. :)

Edited By forestfighter7 on 1155092265
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:10 am

I'll try.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:01 pm

Could you give a more detailed description? If I were to find the time and effort, then a clean diagram done in Paint or in the GIMP should be possible. Perhaps you should create a challenge by having all of us who are interested do a drawing for one tactic...

Yes, that means that I'd actually be honored to do it, not prodded with a pitchfork :D. Of course, if you've judged by my old soaker diagrams that I'm not fit for the job, then that's fine with me...

DX

Post by DX » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:35 pm

All it is is putting red/blue arrows and red/blue boxes in certain positions on whatever background color looks best. The only reason I am not thrilled about making my own drawings is simply because I need so many of them. I will make an example right now, or at least try to.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:53 pm

Oh, I see what you're saying...it sounds simple enough. Of course, I won't jump the gun, and I'll wait to see your own drawings. I'd like it if you could give me (or whoever else does it, unless they want a different method) a bunch of diagrams to do at a time, as it's better to do many of them in one sitting. Just a suggestion, anyway.

Edited By SilentGuy on 1155149645

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:47 pm

Any more info on this ??? ? I'm also willing to point out typos and the like, so you might as well call that the second-worst job in Soakerdom. School starts on Monday and things will get hectic, but I doubt the stuff's even ready anyway. What is the timeframe for the book? One year? Two? Something completely different?

Sorry for all the questions, this is just really exciting.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:55 pm

Depends on how much time I have during this school year. It could take me a year or possibly longer, I have no idea. All I do know is that it will be a genuine published book, with a real copyright, binding, and the such!

Rook

Post by Rook » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:40 pm

NICE! So how much are you expecting it to cost? And how long will it be? I'd be very interested in buying it.

Also, is there any money in it? :goofy: Just wondering.

Edited By Rook on 1155609728
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

DX

Post by DX » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:01 pm

I think it might be 50-200 pages, and that's a huge range because I don't really know for sure. Cost wouldn't be too much, depends if it is hardcover or paperback. The size will be 8.5" by 11", like normal paper, for online compatibility and so the diagrams/pictures can be good.

As for the images job, that doesn't pay any money. I'm one of those people who doesn't believe that everything in life should come with a pricetag. Especially since I still may end up making them myself, depends on how much free time I have this school year.

Rook

Post by Rook » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:05 pm

Ah, well. My name would at least be included somewhere at least, right? :D

I'd be glad to help, but I have no concept of what I would need to draw. You could PM me some sample material so I can see what I can do, though.
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

DX

Post by DX » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:11 pm

Whoever helps with graphics does get their name somewhere, I'll have to check other books to see how/where this is done.

I'm making a couple of samples to be posted in this topic later [Hopefully before I go on an 8 day trip through New England looking at colleges].

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:58 am

I can offer styling as was done on older pages on iSoaker.com.

See:
Formations
Ambushes / Traps

Granted, the above articles are written a long time ago so they feel a little dated. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: