How accurate are you?

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
freak

Post by freak » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:19 pm

How accurate are you? I'm not that good. I can hit a moveing target from 40 feet with my cps1000. And I know many people are restricted by there guns range.

Edited By freak on 1125631258
End world hunger and overpopulation, Support cannibalism.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:26 pm

I am not very accurate but in each battle I set a goal for myself not to let any water from my gun get on the ground and I do better each time even with my 35 ft shooting cps 2100.
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:24 am

I guess i'm okay in meduim to long range battles, only 4 waters fights in my whole life tho, not to sure.
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:11 am

I can keep anything inside a man at 25 yards...oh wait, were you talking about soakers? :p Pretty good against standing targets (wish I was better), quite a decrease in accuracy against moving targets. I have this annoying habit of tracking fire onto my point of aim instead of leading and shooting ahead.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:00 am

I'm used to long-range fighting, and since a 21K stream moves so fast it makes one much more accurate. People have half the time to dodge than they would facing a stock soaker, and the stream gets there twice as fast. At close range [40ft and under] it is difficult to miss, even while in motion. When I'm using any other gun, accuracy drops a lot because of stream speed and range.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Magnor

Post by Magnor » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:07 pm

How would one test accuracy? At what distance, and with a moving target at a certain speed? I'm not very accurate at long range battles, considering most of my guns are used and modded for short range SoakFest type skirmishes. I think its always been fun to get wet on a hot day, and 1v1 isn't very fun at long range. My accuracy rating at short range (~25 feet or less) would probably be around 70-80%. My accuracy at longer ranged battles is non existant, since I've never really been in a long range battle :p
By the way, check out the Rules for my newly invented SoakFest-esque game in the Draft Soaker Rules thread. Input on all the games there is desired. So head on over and ctritique the rules as much as possible!

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:57 pm

I used to be able to shoot a 24oz. soda bottle from 17 feet away with a Storm 500 if that helps.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:47 am

I can shoot a 2 inch wide tree trunk from 20ft away :O
ImageImage

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:25 am

XP220Warrior, welcome back! I hope you're gonna stick around.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Exodus

Post by Exodus » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:47 pm

I guess that now I'm also back, I shouldn't feel nervous posting. But hey..

I find that with smaller guns I am more accurate. My Max-D 2000 shots can find a target dead-centre, from the max range. I sometimes practice blowin' cans off a ledge with my CPS 1200, from about 20ft, maybe. I'm no doubt the 2nd best/best shot in our waterfighting community in my area, and thats all that really matters.

Sometimes I might try and direct people into their own teams blasts. That, I guess, would count as accuracy. Shoot to their right, they move left.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:59 am

I can shoot a target 40 feet away that isn't moving much. I have yet to test my CPS 2000 in actual "real" combat yet, though. I did soak my brother with it. I emptied a full PC on him and he got DRENCHED. I'm not too sure he liked it, though. :D
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:02 pm

I'm still extremely accurate with my Storm 500. Need to practice this year, though.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:13 pm

I'm still accurate, with Super Soakers, my accuracy is the same. With Storm guns I can hit even smaller targets :) .
ImageImage

mutuhaha

Post by mutuhaha » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:43 am

I'm quite accurate I guess, with my Vaporizer (that's my best gun unfortunately), better with my calibrated crosshairs. Range of the Vaporizer permitting though.
118th Urban Corp

Adeptus Exterminatus Extremis, Noobis Exitus Proxima

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:50 am

mutuhaha wrote:I'm quite accurate I guess, with my Vaporizer (that's my best gun unfortunately), better with my calibrated crosshairs. Range of the Vaporizer permitting though.
You need to get some better guns. Get a WW Blazer, it doesn't suck. It has to be more powerful than a VAPORIZER.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:15 pm

My vaporizer shoots pretty good. Would'nt a fan blast be pretty accurate for very close up targets. I am pretty good with my CPS 1-3-5 blaster.

DX

Post by DX » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:48 pm

Anything is accurate for "very close-up targets." Which brings me to my point: Guns are not accurate, users are. I must get to writing an article on this belief, since so many people use accuracy to rate soakers and it simply isn't true. You can't apply accuracy to a soaker, it has to be applied to each individual user. With real guns there are factors like recoil, but in soaking...only the most powerful guns have any sort of kick, and it is not nearly enough to affect accuracy. There are extremely rare exceptions, but only 2 people have ever shot a soaker with those exceptions, me being one of them, and it hasn't happened in over a year.

The above posts have been good with this opinion, but it's been some posts elsewhere which have caused me to just have to address this.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:20 am

Duxburian wrote:Anything is accurate for "very close-up targets." Which brings me to my point: Guns are not accurate, users are. I must get to writing an article on this belief, since so many people use accuracy to rate soakers and it simply isn't true. You can't apply accuracy to a soaker, it has to be applied to each individual user. With real guns there are factors like recoil, but in soaking...only the most powerful guns have any sort of kick, and it is not nearly enough to affect accuracy. There are extremely rare exceptions, but only 2 people have ever shot a soaker with those exceptions, me being one of them, and it hasn't happened in over a year.

The above posts have been good with this opinion, but it's been some posts elsewhere which have caused me to just have to address this.
True but some guns are easier to aim than others simply due to their shape. I have heard that the 2500 is easier to aim then a 1700 due to it's shape.

:soakon2:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:53 am

If you're used to shooting many different guns, the shape of a soaker should have little, if any, impact. Age will affect that too, since size, weight, etc. tend to affect younger members more than older members.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:14 pm

Duxburian wrote:Anything is accurate for "very close-up targets." Which brings me to my point: Guns are not accurate, users are. I must get to writing an article on this belief, since so many people use accuracy to rate soakers and it simply isn't true. You can't apply accuracy to a soaker, it has to be applied to each individual user. With real guns there are factors like recoil, but in soaking...only the most powerful guns have any sort of kick, and it is not nearly enough to affect accuracy. There are extremely rare exceptions, but only 2 people have ever shot a soaker with those exceptions, me being one of them, and it hasn't happened in over a year.

Whose the other one?

The only time any soaking device has ever had any kickbck on me was when my first WBL exploded, the barrel full of water. It knocked me on my ass. Looking back it was pretty funny, but at the time I was scared to death. I have never used a water gun with enough recoil to affect my aim however, homemades included.
As far as accuracy is concerned, I am inclined to agree with Duxburian. In fact, in water warfare, you shouldn't even count on the accuracy or range of your gun. It's not paintball or airsoft. The only way you can truly attack someone in a battle is by engaging them within a range of 15 feet or less. Anyone who claims to have "killed" someone at 50 feet with "a totally tricked out CPS 2000" was either lying or facing an opponent that was physically incapable of movement. In fact, accuracy on most guns are so bad, you're better off standing still than trying to run, flank, or other wise side step the blast.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!