How accurate are you?

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:51 pm

I know that you get a very noticable kickback when you decide to use the Flash Flood's riot blast. But, I guess you can't miss with that. :)

DX

Post by DX » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:56 pm

Whose the other one?

The only time any soaking device has ever had any kickbck on me was when my first WBL exploded, the barrel full of water. It knocked me on my ass. Looking back it was pretty funny, but at the time I was scared to death. I have never used a water gun with enough recoil to affect my aim however, homemades included.
As far as accuracy is concerned, I am inclined to agree with Duxburian. In fact, in water warfare, you shouldn't even count on the accuracy or range of your gun. It's not paintball or airsoft. The only way you can truly attack someone in a battle is by engaging them within a range of 15 feet or less. Anyone who claims to have "killed" someone at 50 feet with "a totally tricked out CPS 2000" was either lying or facing an opponent that was physically incapable of movement. In fact, accuracy on most guns are so bad, you're better off standing still than trying to run, flank, or other wise side step the blast.

I believe Drewsky is the other, but I don't remember, it was awhile ago. He once made a claim about hitting 70ft by putting x amount of balloons on a pc. I naturally didn't believe him and tried it for myself. No 70ft, but you did get 90 degree recoil that brought the gun from level to pointing at the sky when shot.

I score many of my kills from long range. Stream velocity [I've been incorrectly calling it speed, it should be a vector not a scalar quantity] makes this possible. Enemies used to not expect that they could be killed from 50, 60ft away, but by now they know better. :p The easiest kills of course come from within 30ft, but experience allows you to be more accurate from "behind the arc." As for the effectiveness of dodging, I wouldn't be where I am without natural reflexes and moving swiftly at the last possible second. That's the proper way to dodge. Take .something of a second to gauge the incoming stream and then make your move.\

I know that you get a very noticable kickback when you decide to use the Flash Flood's riot blast. But, I guess you can't miss with that.

I've been shot at and ambushed with FF riot blasts at ranges closer than 10ft, and I have yet to be hit by any. The FF riot blast has a fraction of a second lag time before erupting out, plenty of time to dodge it if you have reflexes like mine. :laugh:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:44 pm

But what would you do if there was a small group of people? Lets say,5 Flash Floods. But I guess that would not happen because I doubt any body who battled you probably would not dare to use a Flash Flood,and did'nt you say that you covered up to about 10 miles on your battle field. So I guess it would be almost inpossible for you to meet a group of 5 Flash Floods. Oh well. :flashflood: :soaked: :wb2: :soakon2:

DX

Post by DX » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:06 pm

5 against one are impossible odds. I would honestly turn and sprint away somewhere, so that they would spread out and I could fight fewer people at once. I can only take on 3 people at once alone. Also, 5 is also a lot for the other team, which usually musters 4 or less in battles. We do cover a good deal of distance [several miles at least], but usually stay in groups so that most engagements involve all the members of both teams.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:58 am

If I'm entirely honest, my accuracy from the hip is quite good, but when the target is moving very fast then I'd be lucky to hit them.

EDIT: When using a rifle of almost any sort (small bore, air, etc - using some form of bullet or pellet) I am an excellent shot.

Accuracy can be applied to soakers - if the stream breaks up, then it's going to put less water on target, even if you have incredible shooting ability.

Edited By joannaardway on 1142523701
"Welcome to Hell, little saint." - Planet Hell, Nightwish

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by, yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a felling, Boston

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:39 pm

My accuracy is better than I thought it was. :) I am even better with waterballoons,I can at least get my oppnent damp if I do not get a right on target shot. :soakon2:

:wb1: :soaked: :wb2:

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:20 pm

Accuracy has very little to do in my battles (smaller soakers with lower range). Hitting someone has more to do with anticipating where your opponent will dodge to after your first burst (trigger tap, whatever), or ambushing so they don't get a chance to dodge. The shot I'm most proud of is the one time I had a soaker battle after school. I had just unloaded my MX (this was back when we prefered larger soakers), and my friend had just emptied his twin 2100s. I let my MX fall (it has a strap), quickdraw my allready charged max-d 2000, and shoot him square between the eyes, temporarily stunning him, and giving me a chance to run to refill.

zack13

Post by zack13 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:03 pm

i can hit a moving target in the face from 25 feet w/ my max-d 6000

even though thats not very nice to do lol :D

:O :blazer:

Edited By zack13 on 1144627556
grunt/captain

max d 6000 w/ cps balloon mod
stock max d 6000
ss defender

remember, everyone was a n00b at one point

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:26 pm

zack13 wrote:i can hit a moving target in the face from 25 feet w/ my max-d 6000

even though thats not very nice to do lol :D
I shot a bee with my Yellow Jacket today, now that's mean :goofy: .
Except I was only about 2 meters away from it, so not really what i call great accuracy.

Croc

Post by Croc » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:51 pm

I must say... I am not very accurate, but if i need to be, I would not have got a flash flood. With my flash flood I can hit a fairly thin target from the max distance of the normal nozzle right on each time though. My Ex 630 is extremely accurate if the wind doesnt blow the stream sideways too.

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:28 am

Duxburian wrote:The FF riot blast has a fraction of a second lag time before erupting out, plenty of time to dodge it if you have reflexes like mine
try dodging airsoft bbs

Prof_Slammin

Post by Prof_Slammin » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:47 am

I'd say about 50/50 for myself. I was training one time and never missed the can, but I was fairly close because I was practicing an ambush. For far away, I, sometimes, miss the first or second shots
If you live in Jonestown borough of PA or around that area, PM me.

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:10 am

Sorry but,

I never miss a shot.

:bm1000:

freak

Post by freak » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:29 am

Stencil wrote:Sorry but,

I never miss a shot.

:bm1000:
At a moving target? I highly doubt that. ???
End world hunger and overpopulation, Support cannibalism.

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:12 am

At a moving target? I highly doubt that.

Moving. Still. Lower. Higher.

I never miss.

I'm not allowed to.

Prof_Slammin

Post by Prof_Slammin » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:15 am

That's impressive. How quick were your targets?
If you live in Jonestown borough of PA or around that area, PM me.

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:30 am

@Stencil It probably depends on your distance from a target. Seeing as you are an ambush sniper you'r probably close to your opponents most of the time.
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:38 pm

I am pretty good. I can hit anything close up, and still objects far away. I have a little trouble with far away moving objects though, but only if they are trying to dodge the shot. If someone is just walking or running in a straight line far away, I can hit him.

101-1151178704

Post by 101-1151178704 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:55 pm

ii hate to admit this , but i suck!!!!!!!!!! the only thing i can hit is a moving target at 3-4meters but then again , what i lack in accuracy i make up for in speed , so i get up close with my flash flood and ff em'

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:24 pm

There's an enormous wasp's nest in my next door neighbor's house, so wasps occasionally terrorize my pool. I once hit a wasp at max range with an XPS70 (6 balloons, I couldn't fit any more in the darn thing!), which is about 40 ft.
I can kill you with my brain.

If someone tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back!