Weight Training

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
animalia

Post by animalia » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:01 pm

Has anyone ever considered weight training in order to carry a large amount of heavy soakers with them?

Edited By animalia on 1151282701

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:16 pm

I don't think anyone has done weight training explicitly to lift heavier water guns. However, some here do lift weights, myself included.

Depending on what type of water gun you'd use, you would have to try different things. If the water gun has no backpack, an upper body workout obviously would be what you should do. If the water gun has a backpack, a lower body workout would be appropriate. I'd do both personally.

My personal preference however is for backpack water guns. Could that possibly be due to the fact that my legs are considerably stronger for my weight than my arms? Probably.

:goofy:

Edited By Doom on 1151347523

General Matt

Post by General Matt » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:41 pm

I do also work out not just for soaking pruposes cause i play a lot of sports (baseball football hockey basketball) but it sure helps when it comeing to those often long spriting charges or those only on a rare occasion retreats. :cool:
Forever # 1

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:51 pm

I'm currently doing a basic weight lifting as I don't have the strength I'd like in my forearms. I doubt it'll do anything for me water-war-wise.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Prof_Slammin

Post by Prof_Slammin » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:02 am

Technically the same for me. I do weight lifting and biking, but for physical benefit not water wars akthoug it could help water wars.

Edited By Prof_Slammin on 1151323434
If you live in Jonestown borough of PA or around that area, PM me.