dont waste water

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Croc

Post by Croc » Tue May 09, 2006 5:55 am

I just have a tip for all of you people new to soakers, or some that dont know this by now, but DONT WASTE YOUR WATER!!
That is a very important thing that most people dont think about. This is my suggestion:
When you know they are in range, pulse for 1 second, instead of going through with the shot. It will conserve water and will get your opponent wet at the same time
and one more thing- Don't drink the water in your resevoir (sp?)

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Tue May 09, 2006 6:12 pm

How can drinking water from the resivoir hurt you? I do it all of the time when I'm thirsty and far from a place with drinks. Besides tasting like plastic, it doesn't hurt you. :p

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue May 09, 2006 6:23 pm

Though true, these suggestions on conserving water have been stated by many people before.

As for drinking the water, well, there is one potential warning about that. I've noticed in new blasters, more often in ones with CPS-type chambers, water that comes out of the reservoir in the initial uses has some oil-like substance that I see floating in my measuring cups. The oily stuff is definitely from the blasters' PCs or some part of the blaster internals since I make sure to rinse out my measuring cups after use. Though likely not horribly toxic, I'm not sure how healthy it is, either. Also, for older blasters, soakers that aren't cleaned well may end up having some life growing on inner tubing. For a well-kept soaker, drinking from it shouldn't be a problem. However, in many cases, a soaker may not be as clean as people think.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Croc

Post by Croc » Tue May 09, 2006 7:32 pm

The reason I said "dont drink your water" was because it slowly empties your reservoir, and reduces your shots per tank, making you run out of water much faster than you normally would (had you not had a drink from it in the first place). It also makes you more vulnerable, as you would need to screw the cap back on before you could shoot the gun again if the gun is PR (i.e. Max-D 2000-5000), and then someone could just sneak up and pwn ur butt off with a better gun:p

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Wed May 10, 2006 10:52 pm

isoaker_com wrote:Though true, these suggestions on conserving water have been stated by many people before.

As for drinking the water, well, there is one potential warning about that. I've noticed in new blasters, more often in ones with CPS-type chambers, water that comes out of the reservoir in the initial uses has some oil-like substance that I see floating in my measuring cups. The oily stuff is definitely from the blasters' PCs or some part of the blaster internals since I make sure to rinse out my measuring cups after use. Though likely not horribly toxic, I'm not sure how healthy it is, either. Also, for older blasters, soakers that aren't cleaned well may end up having some life growing on inner tubing. For a well-kept soaker, drinking from it shouldn't be a problem. However, in many cases, a soaker may not be as clean as people think.

:cool:
That does come from the PC, and is like a grease to get the rubber bladder over the thing it gets clamped onto. When opening my soakers, the CPS tech ones always have a lot of that grease there.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri May 12, 2006 12:25 pm

I've drank from my gun's tank before. Never gotten any grease or solvents before. It does taste a little industrial, as it is coming out of a rubber or plastic container, but I've never wound up with a mouthful of pondscum or grease-film or anything. I'm guessing I'm not missing out on anything.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri May 12, 2006 2:05 pm

I've drank water from my Blazer before. It tasted rubbery, and not that good. But it wasn't TOO bad. :p

And the best way to not waste water it to use tap shots. I get 16-27 tap shots out of my CPS 2000. And I only get 4 1/2 PC's full of water. I last the longest in a war, with a CPS 2000, of all guns. The only time I ever empty my entire PC is when I, well, feel like it, if you know what I mean. :angry: I have found my 2000 to be the best water gun to use in a water fight. I beat even my brother with his 3200 in soakfests. Wednesday I had three people (my dad, brother, and sister) surounding me. I merely took three tap shots (one at each of them) and pumped up to a full PC again. I normally only take one tap shot and pump up to a full PC (about 5 pumps on my 2000).

Oh and Duxburian, I borrowed the tap-shot tactic from you, so I don't take any credit for it. :goofy:

Edited By Hannibal on 1147461663
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Fri May 12, 2006 3:18 pm

So have I. XP-20's filled with cold-ice water works nicely on long treks...
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

DX

Post by DX » Fri May 12, 2006 8:08 pm

I cannot ever drink from my guns. They have seen green water, grayish water, clear water, water from big streams, small streams, big ponds, small ponds, hoses, taps, even puddles. I bet the reservoirs have experienced every level of pH found in water!

I thought I made a Tap/pump article, but I guess I didn't...I should soon. @Hannibal: How many tap shots per full shot are you getting? 16-27 total seems low. An expert user can pull off 6-7 tap shots per full shot on a CPS 2000. Then again, in non-soakfest wars, one should never have to worry about full shots.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers