Who would win? - A topic I can't seem to answer

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:24 pm

First of all, I'm not sure where this goes so please move it to the appropriate forum.
Anyway, I always think of this topic while watching soccer, but it applies to any competitive game. If both sides had amazing offence and amazing defence, would there be many points (kills for waterwars), or none at all?
It gets confusing because the offence will attempt to win, but the defence counters that, and the offence will counter that, etc.
So what do you think?

DX

Post by DX » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:28 pm

1. If two teams attempt to go on the offensive, you will end up with a high score [example from my most recent war: 8-7]

2. If one team plays defense and does not attack, the score is low [example from my first war this season: 0-1]

3. It is not possible to perfectly balance offense and defense. You can come close though, and that could swing either way, high score or low. High if there is a lot of contact, low if an offense hits a defense with the same strength.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers