Dual-Wielding - All about it...

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:09 am

Hey guys, I took several pictures of me dual-wielding water guns as part of an experiment of some of the optimal combinations of doing so.

First off, a slightly bulky combo, the Triple Charge with the Max-D 5000. A little difficult to handle, the Max-D 5000's handle wasn't too pleasant. But you can get used to it.

Second exhibit: A special combo, using the older ancestor of the same line of gun with its newer descendant. The XP-20 and the XP-220 combo does not provide good firepower, but what the 220 lacks in power the 20 makes up for, and the 220 makes up in shot time for the 20, it evens out.

That's it for now, more will come soon.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:15 am

Hehe.. fun pics! I've never managed to happily dual-wield any soaker combo for long, even in soakfests. The problem has always been what to do when pressure runs out. The only soakers that work well for dual-wielding, IMO, are pumpless ones. Most soakers that require pumping require both hands in order to pump (only exceptions are soakers like that A.R.M. XL thing).

My last semi-successful attempt at dual-wielding was with fully-charged XP220s. Output per soaker wasn't much, but the fact I was holding two soakers made me someone appear more intimidating to my opponents (though they technically outclassed me with their larger soakers) :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:33 pm

I like to dual-weild occasionally. Its really fun when you have 2 pumpless soakers (ie, SC Big Trouble, SC Power Pak, Hydra Pak) I like going to town with those. hehe
I once had my STE Arctic Shock and my MI Flash Flood. It wasn't pretty.

~SO
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:41 pm

I know how you feel. One point in the experiment was to show how bulky and cumbersome two giant CPS blasters were if you dual-wielded them. For the results from that one, you'll just have to wait for the pics from that.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid

DX

Post by DX » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:46 pm

Never dual wield large soakers unless you absolutely have to. Take it from someone who once had to triple wield a 2500, 21K, and 1100, all fully loaded. I also had a FF and PPP, but they were in a backpack, and don't count. :p
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:07 pm

Twin SC Power Paks are great for dual-wielding. I used to like the SC Power Pak as a backup while using a soaker from the XP310 to CPS1500 as my main. Swapping between single and dual-soaker attack is easy when one soaker is pump-free. Depending on the weight, the WW Scorpion might be a modern option of a dual-wieldable soaker.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

sogoie

Post by sogoie » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:22 pm

you have to be extremely strong to duel weild. i building up strength to dual wield a flashflood and arctic shock

m15399

Post by m15399 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:01 pm

Uh... How old are you? You should be able to carry an FF or Arctic Shock in one hand without any trouble at all.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:03 pm

You don't really have to be strong at all. You just need support in your non-dominant arm.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:03 pm

Dux is right. That is what I found out during my dual-wielding experiments.

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:34 pm

the other day i bought the new defender and its actually really eazy to hold with just your thumb and forefinger, which allows you to duel wield two without having to worry about having a free hand for pumping. it still may be kinda akward at first , but three fingers are better then none. right now i just have one, and once im done doing basic mods to it i plan on using it with my flashflood w/ strap. (yeah there are better combos but hey, i like my flashflood way to much)

:flashflood:
more reliable then a max-D trigger

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:47 pm

I have thought about dual weilding a Flash Flood and Artic Shock. I might practice doing it before I have a watergun battle with my freind next week because it was canceled last week.:(

zack13

Post by zack13 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:38 pm

with the guns i have available dual weildig is pretty pointless and i usually play a mobile unit so i need to be fast, which is a hella lot harder with 2 md6k's
grunt/captain

max d 6000 w/ cps balloon mod
stock max d 6000
ss defender

remember, everyone was a n00b at one point

Croc

Post by Croc » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:43 pm

this would scare the sh*t out of someone and would be heavy, but would a CPS2k and a max infusion flash flood be a good combo or not

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:10 pm

If I had a 2000, I would ritually burn my FF as a sacrifice to the gods of water warfare, for blessing me so... j/k, I like my FF too much, even if I did have a 2000.

Uhm, I will say, I wouldn't bother with it tho, if I could just use the almighty one properly. That combo, I think, would be highly imbalanced, considering size and weight alone... (think of the new powerade commercial, i think that's the one.)
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

Dr. D

Post by Dr. D » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:34 am

Croc wrote:this would scare the sh*t out of someone and would be heavy, but would a CPS2k and a max infusion flash flood be a good combo or not
Hmmm.... I was actually considering this year using my CPS 2500 as a primary and an MI Flash Flood as a backpack (now that it's backpack-compatable I think I'd have much better luck than with a STE FF....), so that's interesting that you brought that up. I really hope you're not talking about dual wielding, becuase that would... be.... pretty......... well..... ??? I just could never picture it working. Also, the whole thing that makes Flash Flood a potent blaster is the power from its magazine discharge, which is rediculously overshadowed by CPS 2000's epic power and range. Personally, if I was looking for a combo, I wouldn't have two power guns or two purely range guns. I'm more interested in training with a 4100/MI FF combo due to the better variety but that's just me. Please tell me how you feel and I'd be happy to hear another point of view! :crazy:
n00b friend: "Nice SP 270!"
Me: "Uhh, it's
XP."
n00b friend: "Oh yeah! Nice SP 270 XP!"

Current Official USF Armory: Monster X, CPS 4100, CPS 2500 (shotgun), CPS 2100 (x3), CPS 1500, CPS 1200 (x3), CPS 1000, MI Flash Flood (x3) STE Flash Flood (x2) WW Orca

Croc

Post by Croc » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:20 am

i am not really thinking of dual wielding it, but I might use my FF as backup for when the cps 2000 (if i can fix it) runs out. I might dual wield my Ex 630 and CPS 2000, as they both have neck straps though. Both of those guns are beasts though:D

Dr. D

Post by Dr. D » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:18 am

Croc wrote:i am not really thinking of dual wielding it, but I might use my FF as backup for when the cps 2000 (if i can fix it) runs out. I might dual wield my Ex 630 and CPS 2000, as they both have neck straps though. Both of those guns are beasts though:D

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but what exactly is an EX 630? Who made it and do you have a picture that you could link to? Thanks! :crazy:

Edited By Dr. D on 1145028059
n00b friend: "Nice SP 270!"
Me: "Uhh, it's
XP."
n00b friend: "Oh yeah! Nice SP 270 XP!"

Current Official USF Armory: Monster X, CPS 4100, CPS 2500 (shotgun), CPS 2100 (x3), CPS 1500, CPS 1200 (x3), CPS 1000, MI Flash Flood (x3) STE Flash Flood (x2) WW Orca

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:02 pm

Sorry I haven't posted more pictures of the project. I will do so soon, though!!

Dual-wielding has its advantages and disadvantages. It depends on the situations and conditions in which you are placed.

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:05 pm

Sorry, Croc, it's just that since the title of this thread is "Dual-Wielding," when you said about the combo of CPS 2000, and MI FF, I (naturally, I think) assumed you meant dual-wielding them. Using the FF as a back-up is an entirely different idea from dual wielding it with a CPS 2000. That might actually work pretty well, if you make the right strap for your FF. But again, the name of this thread...
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!