noob questions

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Soakerdude

Post by Soakerdude » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:38 pm

1.when u have soaker fights how do u tell what team wins?

2.whats the objective when u play with teams?

3.can someone give me a list of fun soaker games?

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:44 pm

1.Depends on the game you're playing. If you're playing capture the flag, you capture the flag. If you're playing soakfest, no one wins. If you're playing one hit kills, whoever's the last man standing wins.

2.Depends on the game you're playing.

3.CTF, Soakfest, the list goes on.

These aren't newb questions, but some better spelling would be much appreciated.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Dr. D

Post by Dr. D » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:52 am

Although my league has organized matches, we don't really have a concrete scoring or points system. In a typical battle, there'll be a couple of smaller battles between the two teams, usually the attacking team trying to take control of the defender's water station. These smaller battles are determined by which team fared better, which team is dryer, if any territory is gained, ect. Sometimes it just comes down to which team commander has a stronger personality!

Every time I've tried to do OHK it always disintigrates into this. May this year I'll be more lucky.... :crazy:
n00b friend: "Nice SP 270!"
Me: "Uhh, it's
XP."
n00b friend: "Oh yeah! Nice SP 270 XP!"

Current Official USF Armory: Monster X, CPS 4100, CPS 2500 (shotgun), CPS 2100 (x3), CPS 1500, CPS 1200 (x3), CPS 1000, MI Flash Flood (x3) STE Flash Flood (x2) WW Orca

DX

Post by DX » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:01 pm

We sometimes do "scenario-based" battles. One might be the defense of a certain position, victory being whether or not it is taken by the other team. That would = 1 point for whichever side achieves their objective. A whole war might have 5 points/scenarios such as this. 1HK always decides when someone is out for their 2 minutes, but kills don't = points in this type of fight.

We haven't had a scenario-based war in quite a while, although we should, since they can be a lot of fun when well fought.

@Dr. D: You should try 1HK lives to ease into it. In that variant of 1HK, you don't get eliminated, you have infinate lives, but each kill is a point. The most points in the given time period = win, rather than how many opponents are killed. This can help get people into the 1HK style, since there is no waiting around bored like in elimination games. My team never fights elimination wars since lives and points makes for a much livelier, strategic, and fun game.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Dr. D

Post by Dr. D » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:44 am

Duxburian wrote:We sometimes do "scenario-based" battles. One might be the defense of a certain position, victory being whether or not it is taken by the other team. That would = 1 point for whichever side achieves their objective. A whole war might have 5 points/scenarios such as this. 1HK always decides when someone is out for their 2 minutes, but kills don't = points in this type of fight.

We haven't had a scenario-based war in quite a while, although we should, since they can be a lot of fun when well fought.

@Dr. D: You should try 1HK lives to ease into it. In that variant of 1HK, you don't get eliminated, you have infinate lives, but each kill is a point. The most points in the given time period = win, rather than how many opponents are killed. This can help get people into the 1HK style, since there is no waiting around bored like in elimination games. My team never fights elimination wars since lives and points makes for a much livelier, strategic, and fun game.
Yeah, I've always wanted to try a OHK or lives system but my friends who are into soakers are a bit..... tradition obsessed. I do have one friend who is just as much of an enthusiast as me (who should be showing up here pretty soon) that I think I could convince to give it a shot. I think this year looks promising! ^_^
:crazy:
n00b friend: "Nice SP 270!"
Me: "Uhh, it's
XP."
n00b friend: "Oh yeah! Nice SP 270 XP!"

Current Official USF Armory: Monster X, CPS 4100, CPS 2500 (shotgun), CPS 2100 (x3), CPS 1500, CPS 1200 (x3), CPS 1000, MI Flash Flood (x3) STE Flash Flood (x2) WW Orca