Water guns are for water use ONLY - ^

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:09 pm

This is one rule that I've always considered a given, but in light of a recent post, I feel needs re-instating.

iSoaker.com and its forum is for promoting water warfare. That means water: pure, clean, drinkable (or at least washable) water.

Use of any other liquid (drinkable or not) in a soaker for the purpose of spraying another is strictly FORBIDDEN here.

Simply put, other liquids can not only gunk up internals (or damage them), but also pose a threat to other people and property. The only exceptions to the water rule occurs during discussion of range-enhancements from a theoretical or logistical sense (and not for shooting at other people or property) or, of course, large manufacturer made non-water ammo (i.e. Super Soaker Oozinator Bio-Ooze) that has been safety tested. (Sidenote: sources like pond, river, lake water are sometimes used by some members in particular water fights, but these should not be considered the norm. Preferably, particulate should be removed from water before putting it into a soaker to prevent clogging as well as blasting someone in the face with sandy water. All participants should agree to such water use if it is to occur.)

Anyone who has a problem with this rule is more than welcome to go elsewhere if they find this rule too strict.

'nuff said...

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:48 pm

i agree entirely, but don't some soakers have a filter at the bottom of the reservoir? i know my xp 110 has one. but anyway, i wouldn't like pond water in my face.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:29 pm

That filter wouldn't stop gunk from shooting out your soaker. I think it's mostly to keep rocks and other objects from getting stuck in the internals.

I would never fill my soaker with brown, murky water from a pond. If it's a movie stream with clear, clean water, sure I'd go for it.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:43 pm

Basically, fact is, soakers can be loaded with many things. However, to avoid doing damage or causing injury, only water should be used. Some here may, for particular things, consider other things. However, such things should be discussed amongst participants. For sake of general safety, only water is to be discussed on these forums (with the exceptions noted above). What individuals do in the privacy of their groups is up to them, but just not for public discussion on these forums. Hope that's cool with the membership!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:47 pm

Lol, as long as the water isn't really dirty, you can use it imo. I was out in the middle of a lake on a boat and a bunch of my friends and I jumped off with XP 220s, XP 240s, and other small pistols. The guns all work, and we used water from a lake.