base pics - post some here

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
freak

Post by freak » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:57 am

Post your base pictures here.
End world hunger and overpopulation, Support cannibalism.

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:51 pm

ok, here is mine, it's pretty pathetic but it works.

and this is a treefort which has since collapsed and been converted into a bunker.

-The Wizard of Water

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:56 pm

The old fortifications at Reed Hill:

The Upper Treehouse at the Goffle Park

High Point, the Militia stronghold that needs no man-made walls or roof for protection

Behind the natural wall on High Point

The view from High Point

I have other fortifications like Stonewall, but no pictures exist of them yet. :([
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:12 pm

Nice,neat pics! I'd like permission to repost these pics in iSoaker.com's Gallery if I may.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:57 pm

You can repost whatever I post on the forums unless otherwise noted. Those are just samples of Militia bases. More pictures are available at SM. :cool:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:07 pm

^ Thanks for the permission! I always prefer verifying before grabbing content. I'd rather wait for permission than have to take something down if someone would rather not have their images re-posted.. :goofy:

As for images available on SM, I'm trying to avoid duplicating online content whenever possible. However, considering the good amount of stuff there, perhaps I'll start pushing up a few more links to SM on internal iSoaker.com pages.

(Sidenote: SM states that 163 images makes its gallery the 'largest' for an online water war site. Sorry, but iSoaker.com's product gallery alone as more than 200 images :goofy: SM's gallery has a better variety of pics, though. :cool: )

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:02 pm

Sidenote: SM states that 163 images makes its gallery the 'largest' for an online water war site. Sorry, but iSoaker.com's product gallery alone as more than 200 images SM's gallery has a better variety of pics, though.

I based that off of SSCentral's claim to have the largest gallery [124 pics]. By the end of the SM v2 redesign, SM will have more than 500 images, easily. And it's not all about quantity. If I wanted to have the most images outright, I could take thousands of pictures of soakers and the such, but they wouldn't be as high quality and would be instead overkill. :p The v2 gallery will also contain more than 13 categories of images, from stream shots to homemades to forts and beyond. :cool:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:01 pm

I based that off of SSCentral's claim to have the largest gallery [124 pics]. By the end of the SM v2 redesign, SM will have more than 500 images, easily. And it's not all about quantity.

hehe.. that's why I never liked putting up 'largest' or 'biggest' on sites. Another site can always opt to out-do one in terms of sheer quantity. Quality, on the other hand, usually takes more time. :cool:

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:17 am

That's one of the problems with our redesign. We have so many images and I bet you we're going to forget quite a few when we finish.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:58 am

I've been working on the v2 gallery, and that means that 163 is no longer the amount of images there! :p

I plan to take more pictures today and add at least 50 in the Battlefields Gallery. 175 is the current total, but that will shoot up soon.

Edit: I counted 379 images in the isoaker.com gallery. Then again you have had a giant head start... :goofy:

Edited By Duxburian on 1122770828

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:49 am

^ you counted? Even I hadn't opted to do that.. especially since those don't even include any 2005 pics. :goofy:

My main beef just concerns the use of terms 'largest', 'biggest', etc. when it comes to describing parts of a site. As you have noted, it doesn't take too much for someone to just push up a huge volume of pics. However, good quality pics are another story. Good luck to your site upgrade. I look forward to what you guys have in store. :cool:

DX

Post by DX » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:30 pm

Some amazing stuff is featured on the v2 site: APR-line of battle-practical homemades, no-leak homemade pump, homemade trigger system, PVC Piston Pumper, CPH 4100, CPS 1100/11K, and much more. Want homemades that you can take right into battle? We have designed an entire line of them just for that purpose. Other innovations appear on v2, some of which solve problems that have been around for as long as homemades themselves have.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:17 am

^ hmm.. though naturally evolved, this thread has been rather hijacked from its original point. I'm currently considering potentially starting a new thread on the original topic (Base Pics) and closing this one. The off-topic posts could potentially be removed, but I feel there is some good info in them that I don't want just deleted. Sadly, there is no way in these forums to split a thread apart.

Thoughts?

Ultor_Solis

Post by Ultor_Solis » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:45 pm

We called our base "Four Pines". It was in a tree next to a little ridge by the railroad tracks. But it blew down in October 2004 during Hurricane Frances.
~~~~Ultor_Solis