How to beat a cps 2100? - Without a cps gun

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Isaac

Post by Isaac » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:41 am

As the title states how do i beat a 2100 CPS with XP's??

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:24 pm

Welcome to iSoaker.com!

You shouldn't have any trouble if you wait for them to have to repump. That's what I nearly always do regardless of what type of water gun I am using.

:cool:

Edited By Doom on 1122319515

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:00 pm

As Doom noted, the best thing to do is attack between shots and dodge when being shot at.

Of course, some things work better depending on what sort of XP you have available. Soakers like the XP310, XP150, or Max-D6000 fare well against larger soakers, though of course, can't push out the same amount of water at once.

However, if you're using something like an XP240 or Max-D4000, now you're dealing with slightly greater difference in soaker class and you'll have a harder time trying to time your attacks.

In the end, though, unless refills are easy and limitless, XPs last longer in the field than CPS-class soakers so you can always play a slight waiting game, waiting for the other user to go through most of their water before laying on a true attack.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:19 pm

In the end, though, unless refills are easy and limitless, XPs last longer in the field than CPS-class soakers so you can always play a slight waiting game

XPs do not always last longer than CPSs. As I've stated before, the skill of the user of the gun matters so much more than the type of gun itself. An experienced user will not waste their shots and will often tap shoot to last longer. Tap shots allow one to shoot water, but only have to pump a few times to regain full pressure. Or at least you should take a few pumps after each tap shot. This makes the old "run 'em out of pressure" technique fail. The most effective way to counter a CPS with an XP would be to move around, advance and retreat, forcing the CPS user to gradually waste shots.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers