Story Feedback Threads - ^

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:43 pm

I'm definitely happy and believe having authors getting feedback on their water warfare stories is a great thing to have. Constructive criticism really helps one develop one's writing.

However, I'm not sure whether this forum is the best place for them. Would the writers prefer to have a more dedicated forum to story discussions or have the feedback threads pinned in the Story submission forum until the particular story is complete as opposed to being here.

I really enjoy reading you guys'/gals' writing so I want to do what I can to support the whole creative process.

Feedback on the story feedback (sounds funny :goofy:) would be most appreciated.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:57 am

[Montgomery Scott accent]Ye cannae do that cap'n[/Montgomery Scott accent]

With all seriousness, yes, you can do that. But from my POV, I'd rather you didn't. The OT forum guarantees that more people will see and discuss stories in the appropriate threads, rather than having them all clustered together somewhere where they'll be more easily ignored. Sounds kind of self-centered, I know. :( Basically, leaving discussions of stories in the OT forum means more people will be aware of them.

Ultimately, it's up to you though.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:28 am

Well, that's sorta the feedback I'm looking for. These threads don't NEED to be moved, but I was more fearing they may get lost in the OT thread. However, if the authors seem to like the current set up, there'll definitely be no need to move the feedback threads.

BTW, ya gotta work on yer Scotty accent. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:34 am

what about a sub-forum in the Soaker game/Story submission forum?

:soakon:
ImageImage

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:21 pm

HEY!!! That Scotty accent was lifted STRAIGHT from at least a dozen Star Trek books! I went right to the source! :p

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.