Tactical Situations - @ iSoaker.com

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:36 am

Once upon a time, when the iSoaker Rogue group was active, there were various tactical situations presented in which the Rogue members gave their solutions for it. While some have preferred methods for solving a problem, thing is, there is no absolutely best single choice since situations in reality can change at any moment and depend on many more variables than would be presented in the text (i.e. how tough a real situaion is also depends on the true competence of your competitors, weather and lighting conditions, your own true ability, etc.) Rogue members were given a week or two to post their responses and all replies (assuming they didn't contain unacceptable info) were posted.

That said, I'd like to create such pages again on iSoaker.com. As the Rogue group has been disbanded but this board now exists, answers to tactical situations presented can be submitted by any member of this board. Depending on the level of interest, new tactical situations will be posted more frequently. Each tactical situation thread will be open for roughly two weeks to allow for entries, then closed and converted into a page on iSoaker.com. Additions to the final page are allowed, but after the thread is closed, submissions for a particular tactical situation would need to be emailed/PM'd to me as opposed to posting.

For those who'd like to suggest a tactical situation for people to give their answers to, that is fine, but the must be PM'd or emailed to me for formatting, grammar, and stylizing changes prior to being made into a thread. I want all the tactical situation thread descriptions to have a similar feel, thus will edit any submitted situation. Acknowledgement to the original suggestor will be given, of course. I'll also discuss any changes with the original suggestor prior to posting such that he/she remains highly involved in the creation of the tactical situation to be dealt with.

This post is just an announcement for my plans. I hope to have the first tactical situation thread posted next week. How often new situations will be posted really depends on how well received this idea is.

Feel free to post any thoughts, questions, or concerns on the above in this thread.

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:27 am

Sounds interesting. Count me in. I'll try to both answer and contribute situations. Feel free to draw on situations presented in "Story" if you want.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:38 am

^ Cool! Thanks!

I forgot to mention but the way a given situation will be presented will have a specific format (sort of like how Water War Games are described on iSoaker.com, but with other details summarized). The exact format hasn't been finalized yet, but am working on it. Oh, I should also note that all situations to be discussed for now should only involve what YOU, the person in the situation, would do. While YOU may give commands to allies for a particular situation, the scenarios to be solved should be in a first person perspective (i.e. You find yourself facing a guy with a CPS2000 while you are armed with [insert XP-class blaster here]. Now what?) Of course, the situation should be a little more involved than that, but it gives an idea of the sort of things I'd like discussed. I also want to keep situations as 'real' as possible. Sorry, guys, but no water wars on the moon or with teams of 100 elite soaker warriors until that's common. :goofy:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:53 am

Just to point something out...the phrase "You find yourself facing a guy with a CPS2000 while you are armed with [insert XP-class blaster here]. Now what?)" is not first person but second person. First person would "I found myself facing a guy with a CPS 2000, while I was armed with..." That's what I wrote "Story" in. Third person is "He found himself facing a guy armed with a CPS2000, but only had an XP????? himself..." :blues:

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:00 pm

^ Oops... 2nd person... I actually meant to say the scenario should be written (in 2nd person) such that the answers would be from the first person perspective. (NOTE: I GOOFED AND WAS CAUGHT! ARGH!!) :goofy:

*hides a moment*

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:04 pm

Sounds like fun. I'm not the best at tactics, but I think I'd give it a go anyway. :p

Edited By Forceuser on 1105031245

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:58 pm

Hey, where did you post these on isoaker? I think we'd like to see our input officialy :p
ImageImage

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:11 am

They'll go up after I manage to put up the Flash Flood's complete review.