High Command's First 100

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Belisaurius
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Belisaurius » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:00 pm

I have to say that since the board opened on November 15th I have been very satisfied with the development of High Command. There are some serious considerations going on, and i feel that within the next month we are going to see some major arguments over the correct use of long range high power weapons. I personally feel that when you have an advantage like that you should seek out a battlefield where the enemy has no choice but to meet you head on and without cover, whereas the other school of thought feels that by dividing a strong team into smaller units and choosing a battlefiled with cover for guerrila warfare you can overpower your enemy's squads.

Regardless, I am extremely pleased with the developments at High Command, and I would like to note that not once in the last 100 posts has it been necessary for me to edit someone else's post. I realize that with only 6 members this may not be much of an accomplishment, but I think it's a really, really great start.

So check High Command out!
-Belisaurius

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:51 am

From my views, sometimes the smaller groups tend to be well knit and get some really good discussions going on. Good job on the development and keep it up!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Sapper46123

Post by Sapper46123 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:29 pm

I personally feel that when you have an advantage like that you should seek out a battlefield where the enemy has no choice but to meet you head on and without cover.

Theoretically, I agree with you. However, I find it difficult to create situations where the enemy *must* attack you head on, without cover (against smart opponents, that is). Usually, guerilla attacks are far more practical, simpler, and more effective.

If I had the choice between the two, I would probably go with the forcing the enemy to attack me, though.

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:27 pm

The difference between theory and practice is always a problem. In one of our previous battles, theopposing team retreated until we had used up all of our waterballoons, and then drew us out onto an open area where there is this power line. We thought we still had them on the run, but they had not only deprived us of our water balloon advantage through 2 hours of rereating, but they had also deprived us of cover and space to maneuver.

Hopefully High Command will help commanders talk about different solutions to problems like these. There are advantages and disadvantages to every situation, and by discussing them with other commanders we can all ideally build up a database of situations and results which we can apply or consult for direction in our own fights.

Things like trenches, command centers, grenadiers, light troops, and sp forth which are esential but all have certain niches. By discussing our own experiences, we can ideally help each other out. Now where or not that will actually happen is questionable, but discussions are definately going on.

Sapper46123

Post by Sapper46123 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:39 am

You have a very nice forum, Belisaurius, and I hope you succeed in your goals. Good luck!

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:30 pm

Thanks.... I've been lucky with the member so far. You should join, we coudl use some of the ancient wisdom of the Spartan Federation! lol.

Hopefully things will really pick up around April.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:14 am

Just to point out that the server is down at the moment. :(

It should be up again some time in the next 24 hours. :)

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:28 pm

Yea, servers are such a mess. Probably not a problem for the guys who pay. The only issue is that some of the newsletter is on the forum, and so I hope it's better soon, like by tomorrow. lol!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:18 pm

Your server is back up. :cool:
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-