A water wars newsletter? - What do you guys think?

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Black Six

Post by Black Six » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:27 pm

Dude, you live in NJ? I never knew that! So do I, lol.
Anyway, excellent first issue, didn't read it in depth, but it looks good. Only comment is that perhaps you should say if they story is a tip/tactic, game type, war story, etc, or divide the newsletter into categories.This way if people are looking for a certain type of article, or are going through back issues looking for something, itwouldbe easier to find.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long."
-Anonymous
-=+Maximum Soakage+=-

Belisaurius
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Belisaurius » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:33 pm

lol, yea, i live up i bergen county.

thanks for the tips! it definately needs to be reorganized, hopefully there will be a layout for this next issue. i'm thinking of emailing the newsletter out on the 1st, and then posting a copy on the 15th of whichever months we're active during.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:03 am

Good job at putting the newsletter together. Hope that interest in it remains strong enough to keep the content flowing.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:56 am

Most of the content in this last one was either done by me, taken from my team's archive, or submitted by veteran. I'm hopping for more reponses on the combat calls section, so that I can actually get that to work, and my co-commander in Waterbridge Guderian is going to help me with that section. Doom has actaully already submited an article larger than the entire ast issue, so....

I think I'm only going to put part of his work up, though. he's going to use it for the update of SSC and so I want to include a few highlights but generally direct anyone interested in reading more there. The point of this whole newsletter is to help direct people who are interested to some of those out of the way websites that nevertheless have good information. Considering how ISC and SSC aren't exactly out of the way, I hope to include as little as possible from those sites. Sorry, but everyone pretty much knows about ISC and SSC already. i want to use this newsletter to help support the smaller, less well known sites and communities.

I'm glad that i have generally gotten good feedback about this issue. The next one will be emailed out on December 1st, ideally, and then a copy will be posted on the 15th.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:25 am

Sounds good to me. I look forward to reading the next issue! Hope that your efforts inspire more to write more for the newsletter!

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:21 pm

The December issue comes out on the 15th. If you have any suggestions or so forth, pm me, email me nick@mayr.com, or im me on AIM yhrght359. Things are moving a little slow cuz i broke my wrist right before thasnksgiving. sry.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:46 am

Broken wrist? Ouch... just checked out your post at High Command regarding how you broke it. No fun! Anyhow, looking forward to the next installment and hope your wrist is doing better now.

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:36 pm

Thanks! I get the cast off a week from this upcoming Tuesday, which isn't so bad. It doesn;t hurt very much at all... I didn;t think it was much of a brak because this time i didn;t even need pain meds. When I broke my right wrist a few years back they had me on coedine and all sorts of meds. They didn't even have to set my wrist this time!

I've been trying to write some good stuff for the newsletter, and I think mostyly I just have to provide some suggestions for applying what we've been discussing already. Writing abotu mobility and all is great, but it doesn't really help another commander out unless you provide them with examples and suggestions for actually increasing mobility or something like that.

So yea, hopefully the newsletter will be as good or better than you all thought the last one was.