Flood of soakers on Ebay

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Barca

Post by Barca » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:18 pm

Okay, I've been away at for about a year now, but it's good to be back. As of recently (within the past couple of weeks) there have been a flood of blasters on ebay... I have seen 4 Cps 2000's on there already, 3 Mk.1's and a Mk.2. and 3 Cps 2500's. Anyone else notice all of these rare blasters being sold seemingly all at once? Anyhow I am not sure if this has been posted but in any case its good to be back and nice to see you again Isoaker, mate. :soakon2:
"By the House of Barca may there be eternal enmity towards Rome." Barcid Forever.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:34 pm

You're not the first to notice, Barca. A lot of us, myself included, have eaten the fruits of this "flood" of soakers (was the pun intended?). It's great, isn't it? I remember when I started eBaying in 2001, I was hard pressed to find any Super Soakers on the auction listings. Now we almost always have two, sometimes three whole pages of Super Soakers on eBay!

The Internet's a beatiful thing, yes? :cool:

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:57 pm

IMO, Its due to Hasbro's release of weaker blasters that they are spawning up so much on Ebay. I am going to sell my entire Yu-Gi-Oh! Card collection on Ebay, since i cant make it to the card shop as often anymore, why not make a few hundred bucks and buy a CPS 2000? :D
_

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:00 pm

Yugioh... ugh. I still don't know how in Sam Hill that game caught on. :puke:

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:03 pm

Were you serious about those cards :oo:

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:34 pm

It was fun while it lasted, but unfortunatly i cant find the time to get to the card shop. people REALLY want them now (Im talking about hardcore players), and should fetch a good price. I have no use for them anymore asnd how someone would pay hundreds for cardboard pieces is beyond me.

edit- Yes, I was quite serious :p. I hated the English TV Dub because it made older players look bad. I played the card game and watched the Japanese originals and read the manga. I GURANTEE you you will see some PG-13 and up stuff in the manga and original show.

Edited By Iceman on 1090535797
_

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:41 pm

My friends and I are of the opinion that the Yugioh and similar card games are without a doubt Japan's revenge for being nuked in WW2.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:51 pm

Adrian wrote:My friends and I are of the opinion that the Yugioh and similar card games are without a doubt Japan's revenge for being nuked in WW2.

Adrian

Im keeping my cool. :cool:

Personally I liked it, and it was brought to America. I like diversity in our culture, and I must say Anime is part of my life. It teaches you stuff on many based topics of everyday life, and their just cartoons and cards. I think Japan would be invading right now if they wanted revenge, and I dont want to divulge the topic to WWII either. Im saying it was a lot of fun while it lasted, it was cool, and its time for Plan B, where they turn from trading cards to an investment.

Edited By Iceman on 1090540346
_

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:51 am

I have no use for them anymore asnd how someone would pay hundreds for cardboard pieces is beyond me.

I know the feeling. While I lived in Germany, I bought a (gasp) German 1st Edition Pokemon card deck for $12. Fortunately, there was a Charizard card in it. For people who weren't into the Pokemon fad, the Charizard card is one of the rarest and most expensive, as well as the most powerful (sort of like the 2000, eh?). I took it back to the card shop, and they payed me $175! For just one piece of cardboard.

People can do some crazy things with their money.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:01 am

Ah, yes... welcome back, Barca!

Lots of soakers on ebay, but summer time tends to flush 'em onto the market. Of course, they're around in the winter time as well, but numbers usually aren't as high. (Of course, I'm using Northern Hemisphere since, well, for those on the other side, the seasons are reversed :goofy: )

Now, if only I could find the ones I'm lookin' for.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:22 am

Iceman wrote:
Adrian wrote:My friends and I are of the opinion that the Yugioh and similar card games are without a doubt Japan's revenge for being nuked in WW2.

Adrian

Im keeping my cool. :cool:

Personally I liked it, and it was brought to America. I like diversity in our culture, and I must say Anime is part of my life. It teaches you stuff on many based topics of everyday life, and their just cartoons and cards. I think Japan would be invading right now if they wanted revenge, and I dont want to divulge the topic to WWII either. Im saying it was a lot of fun while it lasted, it was cool, and its time for Plan B, where they turn from trading cards to an investment.

I'm just bein' funny. I have no problem with card games like that, I'm just not a big fan of them, that's all.

I don't understand how it gets to be this huge mania. That and how they manage to get so expensive...of course, that's probably not a fair statement coming from someone who wants to buy a hundred dollar bulletproof vest for when I get a job.

Adrian

EDIT:Edited to add stuff.

Edited By Adrian on 1090596316
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

blueviper42

Post by blueviper42 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:31 pm

oh wow PG-13! They might even say "####" :O

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:07 pm

blueviper42 wrote:oh wow PG-13! They might even say "####" :O
Alrighty, you called me out, time to tell you whats different.

Japanese Anime was designed "for kids" in Japan. However some in America feel it is too objectionable for younger kids in our society to watch, hence why most Anime is TV-14 and above. 4kids entertainment got a hold of the liscense for the Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime, and did some pretty crappy stuff to it. Well they were aiming it at its desired audience, just changed a few things so they wouldn't get sued by angry moms or dads. For one, they edited out 49 episodes that involved Thieves stealing, smoking cigarretes, brandishing knives, and having tzers and auto-machine guns and handguns. Would you honestly want someone under 10 years old seeing that? In Japan sure. but here they cut those episodes, and anything els in the Anime that was Objectionable was thrown out. Like one scene in Season 2 where the loser of the duel got his feet cut off, in America they changed the sawblade to an energy disc, and would be sent to some mystical place, i forget. See what I mean? Its the crappy voiceovers and edits that makes people like you come out and bash us. If I forced you into a chair with duct tape and made you read the manga, and watch the ORIGINAL, Japanese show, you'd have a different view.
_

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:28 pm

I personally like a few animes too, like "Detective Conan" (AKA "Case Closed") and "Cowboy Bebop." I also find "Trigun" and "Lupin the Third" tolerable. Most other animes though, like "DragonBall" were completely butchered by the American V-chip idiots. I can't even stand DragonBall anymore. Pokemon and Yugioh... ugh... they're just awful.

DoubleONothing

Post by DoubleONothing » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:14 am

Cowboy Bebop Kicks! I have an Avatar Of Spike I'm going to Put on here. And Case Closed comes out in America on Adult Swim in August...

"What was the cause of death?"
"We're pretty sure it's the knife in his back..."

Edited By DoubleONothing on 1090764911
SILENCE

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:15 pm

Dude... Case Closed has been on Adult Swim for several months now. A little behind the times there, eh? ???

DoubleONothing

Post by DoubleONothing » Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:51 pm

Has it?!?!?! Adult Swim is still playing the Commercials saying coming out in August.
SILENCE

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:03 pm

i never really liked yu-gi-oh, i played a couple games of it with my friends at school, but it was just too simple for me. i like cowboy bebop, and inuyasha and wolf's rain are pretty cool too. i hate dragonball anything. the mix of aliens and fat baby-people is too dumb.
oh yeah, who wants to buy a couple hundred pokemon cards?
-The Wizard of Water

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:27 pm

Strange how this has become an anime thread rather than an ebay thread. Oh well. Perhaps we should have a seperate anime thread in this forum.

In Japan the crime rate is a lot lower than in the US, and that's one of the reasons children's shwos have less restrictions. Also, in Japan religions that are considered sacred in the US are more or less played around with. It's sort of like how we view Buddisim as a fun thing to do rather than sacred. That's why anime has a lot of religious motives thrown in.

Back to the topic: Lately, I've noticed that the shipping prices for soakers on ebay have increased dramtically. The shipping price for a CPS 3000 I got last year was $5 but now a 3200's SP can go over $10.

Edited By Field Marshal Yang on 1092274127
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:37 pm

Shipping prices are getting more and more ridiculous because the sellers know they can catch newbies who see a good bid price but don't see the SP.