A Movie! -The Grunt, The Legend...Piston

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Storm

Post by Storm » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:48 pm

Lol ok I was bored all day and decided to make a video. It is uncomplete but I'm going to start day 2 of the vid as soon as I get a few more people at my house. Well enjoy, and give me your comments. Oh yeah, there isn't much fighting on part 1 but it is more of the introduction and all.
Go to mine and blaze's site.
Go to http://soakthis.tk then go under the category, Media.
My voice sounds weird :(

UPDATE: Part 1 is only up for a limited amount of time. Get it now while you can so yo know what is going on when part 2 comes out!

Edited By Storm on 1091411617

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:19 pm

Meh, your voice doesn't sound weirder than any other kid your age. Don't sweat it.

Nice video skills. I'm impressed. Maybe aim a little better so as to get your face in. :goofy:

I especially thought that the battle scene was a great sequence! Good job! :cool:

Edited By Soakologist on 1091406224

Storm

Post by Storm » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:33 pm

Just to let you know for whoever wonders...'How old is he'? I'm 14. Even though my voice sounds weird and everyone elses does to, I HATE IT (lol).

Thanks I really try to take each scene as best as possible. It took me approximately 2 or 3 hours to Capture the scene with cam, uplod to PC and edit. Thankfully I enjoy it and don't mind doing it.

Thanks for the comp on the battle scene, it's alright but I'm hoping to make a larger fight scene.

Edited By Storm on 1091406865

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:40 pm

Nice vid. work! :cool:
While it would detract a bit from the viewing size, you might consider shrinking the movie resolution a bit to reduce the filesize.
One of the toughest parts with using a normal video cam is getting good sound. During more professional shoots, they usually have one person hold a boom-mic just to get better sound capture.
Anyhow, cool little vid nevertheless!
:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Storm

Post by Storm » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:43 pm

Just a question... is it good enough to keep on as a story? If I did I'd have a few more parts to it because I do have an ending for it. If some of you might not think it's that great I probably won't continue it. So far I've gotten positive feedback though.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:45 pm

Whatever you're doing Storm, keep it up, because the video really is good for such a... low budget production (AKA Camcorder and guns). :;):

As for your question... I'm not 100% sure what you're asking. Try rephrasing your question.

Edited By Soakologist on 1091407606

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:54 pm

'tis a good start! Don't let constructive criticism (or any criticism, actually) slow you down. Need to start somewhere and you've done a pretty good so far. The more you do, the more you'll learn to do better! Keep at it!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Storm

Post by Storm » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:56 pm

Ok great I'm glad for the feedback. As for the video I have decided I will probably work on part 2 tommorrow or the day after.

DoubleONothing

Post by DoubleONothing » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:12 pm

JSYK, if you intend on making a film. Don't swear so much. No offense,but you sound like the kids down the street who caused all of our trouble, like a sailor. Other than that, practice your lines ALOT, so as to remember them by heart. Detectable pauses in the speech lowers quality. Also during battle scenes APPROACH THE CAMERA! It reminds me of one of my action films I made for 4th grade Language arts, we stayed 60 ft. away from the camera, but noone could hear a word that was said, So if you could enhance the Audio. Make it alot louder. Full volume on my speakers is really quiet.

A little Creative Criticism. I got alot of it in 4th Grade L.A.
SILENCE

Storm

Post by Storm » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:39 am

So much? I only cursed once (unless I said s*it, which isn't that horrible of a word). Even when I said f*** I pretty much blocked it out by the music.

As for the lines I agree there is one spot I messed up and was to lazy to fix.

The fight scene, well, there was only 2 of us and I had to rest my camera on something every time. I did a fairly good job for not having an actual camerman.

If you are offended by any of what I say I'm not trying to start a fight, in fact I do like a little criticism to know what to work on.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:40 pm

"They're sick, uh.. they're off today. They'll be back tomorrow. Trust me."

I thought that that was funny, even if it was a mistake. :laugh:

Edited By Soakologist on 1091472285