I dream of a world... - Where water warfare is...

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Maddermadcat

Post by Maddermadcat » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:04 pm

I would really like to see water warfare grow beyond what it is today. Imagine water warfare on the same level as paintball. Perhaps, it'll even gain enough popularity to create hundreds, maybe even thousands of teams world-wide. Then, what if those teams got together and joined forces to make armies and fight in events of collosal proportions? Imagine all the tournaments, wars, and other events that could be taking place.
Anyway, I doubt this'll ever happen. But a man can dream, right?
The nonsensical leader of the Snow Cats.
Now the proud owner of a flash flood with an aquapack!

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:10 pm

I completely forgot to do it this year, so I will do it next year: Putting a water war float in the 4th of July Parade. That would be something to remember, a huge camo float going along with older guys holding big, painted guns, casually dishing out soaking to the crowds. And along the sides of the float: SEO gone physical, with link names to sites of interest!

I don't dream as far as worldwide war, but I would love to see a boom in organized teams and fights. We have to go one step at a time, however. :(
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:10 pm

Hey, I say that if dominoes can make air-time on ESPN 2, and if paintball already has organized teams and air-time, water warfare shouldn't be too much more of a stretch.
:)
...by the way, I said DOMINOES. :angry:
Aired right after some World Cup games.
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:32 pm

Hey, my sloganizer slogan at this moment says "Duxburian makes dreams come true." There's a good omen! :laugh:

Edited By Duxburian on 1152221594
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:35 pm

"duxburian - Just do it" says it right now, and just as fitting for a reply :D
more reliable then a max-D trigger

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:40 am

That would be excellent! I would love that to happen and I will try to help it happen. If its one step at a time-then lets make the steps big!
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

Maddermadcat

Post by Maddermadcat » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:45 pm

Yeah... We would have to take it slow.
But can you imagine teams from all over the world teaming up into factions and fighting nearby teams? It would be interesting, IMO. Wins and losses could be tallied up on some website, then, at the end of the campaign, the winning faction is decided.
The nonsensical leader of the Snow Cats.
Now the proud owner of a flash flood with an aquapack!

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:46 pm

What would be REALY cool is a war like in wetmonkey442 newest story. If it did get as big as your saying, it could be possible, though maybe on a slightly smaller scale.

Your title made me think of Martin Luther King's speech "I Have A Dream".
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:15 pm

I would love to see some kind of National Tournament. However, no one place is close enough that every area could be represented well enough. More teams online would help, but sadly, the current community has shifted away from wars and teams. 2000-2003 appears to have been the height of organized warfare, with major downturns in 2004 and 2005 all but erasing the influence and popularity that organized war once had. I'm trying to make 2006 a revivalist year, but it is a pretty steep uphill battle.

The Regional Wars are a step in the right direction, although future ones may depend on the success of the Northeastern one coming up next month.