Need some help

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:33 pm

Well I just registered a few minutes ago. I'm going to have a soaker party around my house in about 2 weeks. I don't have enough money to get a decent CPS so I'm thinking of a flash flood, or if I'm lucky I might be able to get a CPS 3000 for around $50. I'm also wondering why they don't make decent soakers anymore.

I expect around 6 to 10 at the party and we're probably doing teams. The area isn't that big but appears to be good enough for a soaker fight, there are 2 hoses at opposite ends of the house I can use as bases. If possible I might be able to expand the field and get it around to a friend's house. So far I have about 3 or 4 water bottles for reloading and 200 water bombs. (though I might make some more with the plastic bags, as suggested on the site) I am also going to put in some cardboard boxes to use as cover. I have a SC 400 and a small 1mm squirt gun.

Any ideas for this? As said, I don't have a lot of money to get a decent CPS nor some other stuff, and my friend is also looking for a CPS. For now I'll see what my neighboor has, he has several CPS guns but I don't know which ones they are. (they look like CPS 2000's/2500's)

Edit: As to what kind of soaker I would use, I prefer one with a decent range and capacity, and one I won't have to reload too often. I try to conserve my shots by firing in quick bursts instead of continuous streams. I don't think I need a back up blaster, and either way, there are people coming that don't even have a squirt gun. (they'll have to use water balloons I guess, or whatever extras I have)

Edited By C-A_99 on 1152665376
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:51 pm

Welcome to the Isoaker forums. We hope you enjoy your stay.

Unless you're willing to go on ebay for soakers, you're not going to get any of the golden oldie CPSs. Check out the thread on favorite/best current soakers in the Armory for a listing of what's good right now.

Good luck with your party, it sounds fun!

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:16 pm

I am looking on ebay, that appears to be the only place to get them. I had a look at the stats page and am still comparing stuff. I was rather surprised to find that my SC 400 was 1 meter further in range than a lot of the newer soakers. (defender, overload, arctic, etc) Since my neightboor (whom I'm inviting) has several good CPS guns, I'm not sure a flash flood can do the job if I fight him.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1152667238
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:20 am

They don't make the excellent cps guns any more for a large variaty of reasons. One reason that I can remember of the top of my head is shelf space. If you want to know more, Duxbarian and isoaker_com know alot more about this than I do.
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:45 am

Well that's odd because the shelves I see in the stores are far from crowded with the soakers. I think they could try different ways of packaging and/or arranging them, or use a bit more shelf for it, they use so much of the shelves for a bunch of other large things. Were there any safety issues? (I know the CPS 2000 had a horrible stream of complaints by parents of 6 yr olds that used them but I don't know about others)

Anyways, I'll probably look at what my neighboor has. Is getting a flash flood with an overload (for the backpack and as a back up/extra blaster) a good idea? Does the flash flood with a max infusion backpack hold about as much as a CPS 3000?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:27 pm

The shelf space thing has more to do with the ratio of profit to size. Hasbro wants to make money. Big soakers have a lower profit to size ratio than smaller soakers (because they are bigger). Hasbro just stopped offering larger soakers because they do not tend to make as much money as smaller ones. It also seems to make sense that Hasbro stopped selling large soakers like the CPS ones because they began to target a younger audience. Either way, Hasbro is trying to make more money.

The new backpacks that they offer this year have much less capacity that the ones on the CPS 3000/3200 (and the SS/XP 300 as well). Previous backpacks tended to hold 8L of water while "Max Infusion" models tend to hold half of that, 3L to 4L of water. It make be better to make a homemade backpack.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:01 pm

I'll list what I believe are my available options for a water gun so far.

-Flash Flood
-CPS 4100
-CPS 2100
-7 set: CPS 1000, Max D 5000, Max D 6000, XP 95, XP 85 (this bids on this one will go up, possibly out of my budget range)
-Blazer (2005)

I'm not sure a blazer 05 is an option, I don't think I'll be able to find one, any specific store that's more likely to have it?

Edited By C-A_99 on 1152747510
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:19 pm

I would ditch the Flash flood and go for the 7 set. Either that or the CPS 2100 or 4100.

As for why Hasbro changed, according to an article, around 2003 hasbro let go/fired some old staff. In other words people who worked for and made Larimi soakers what they were. Which probably includes art design, engeneering and concept design departments. 2004 had new Logos, angles, designs... . The new hasbro SS department has now different goals and agendas that are more compatible with retailers preferences and ideal guidelines to make better profit.

Some retailers don't have the same size restrictions, such as Sears and Canadian Tire seeing how they still gladly sell CPS1500 sized soakers. So sizes and price tags are probably mainly determined who manufacturers prefer as retailers that will sell their product. In other words MalMart, Zellers or other stores of that typ.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:40 pm

I just tried a neighboor's 2000 and 2500. It takes so many pumps and then I finally get halfway, then I fire a few shots and the pressure is all gone. Are you supposed to pump it all the way to full so that the pressure doesn't run out so fast? The thing is pretty old obviously so it also has some friction on the slider.

For now, I'll probably get a 2100, the trigger breaks less easily and the pump is more comfy than the 4100 (or so I've heard in reviews), though it is probably a bit less powerful.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:04 pm

CPS 2000/2500 pumps usualy take 18-25 pumps. That prity normal and its also normal to pump till the gauage is full. Th reason why the CPS2000 is empty faster is becasue they have much higer soakage and force(like shooting three CPS 2100s at once in one second.) All the new guns don't.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1152763538

urbanfighter7

Post by urbanfighter7 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:15 am

I want that set of seven guns.Well i don't know if i will bid on it.
My Armory:
CPS 1000
CPS 1500
CPS 2500
Douchenator
APH!

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:51 pm

I experimented with the 2 hoses, one has a broken handle and can only fire in a fan-like stream (so it's range is obviously very limited), the other hose has several modes, including a jet stream with high water pressure and range, so it looks like if I'm using both hoses as bases, I'll have to get both CPS guns (2000 and 2500 that my neighboor has) on the base with the 'crappy' hose, or use hoses for reloading only. (however, I also have the SC400 and having to screw it in and out might be troublesome.

Edit: So far I'm thinking about buying the CPS 2100 from a friend, but he says his sister has a better gun but doesn't know which one it is. I'll have a look. Less than a week left. (it's this week's saturday)

Edit: It's in about 2 more days. I'm having serious problems filling the water balloons, I can't get them to tie up together, I'll probably ask dad when he gets home. I didn't get the soaker yet but I'll probably see them today.

Edit: Turns out his CPS 2100 had leaking issues, I'll probably try sealing them up tomorrow, which is the day of the soaking party. In the meantime, all I can do is hope that I can go to target or toys r' us tomorrow morning and get a flash flood. I just got back and got a little splash X-798, a step up from the squirt guns, I'll use it as backup or give it to those who don't have a gun or something. Also I still have the water balloons to fill.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: The fight well alright and was pretty fun. Some people were fighting before it began and before everyone else came, then we did CTF but everyone tired out at the end and that's all we did. Basically there were 2 houses, since one of my friends allowed us to use his house, we live 2 houses away, on a corner so the field was pretty good. There were a lot of bushes to use for cover around his house while my pathetic attempts of using cardboard boxes to set up cover around my house did not work quite well. We had a CPS 2000, CPS 2500, a Flash Flood, a large pump gun (the type that fires when you pump it), a small pump gun, an SC 400, a water pistol no one used (for obvious reasons), and each team had their own water balloons. There was a line of bushes that I used to hide and move in, I got through, and someone was hiding in the playground with a CPS 2500, then I snuck up to the side and CPS 2000'd him, then we went through the bushes and had a bit fighting there. After, I got back to my base to refill and crap, someone stole the CPS 200 then I tried my best to sneak through their base several times and remained undetected for a while, then they got our flag later. I then stayed with a few friends and we used the comp and played some Gamecube. Pretty basic sum up, I didn't feel like getting into the details, and can't exactly remember everything in order that happened yesterday.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1153665424
HydroBrawl Water Warfare