First somewhat tactical soaking - with stupid people invovled!

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Fri May 05, 2006 2:41 pm

Today I had my first "larger" scale soakerwar. My Army JROTC drill team has a picnic every year, and usually people bring soakers, and water balloons. I had a choice between my Flash Flood or my CPS 1000(0). Having never used the 1000(0) in the picnic, I chose it and I am glad I did. We split into random teams. My team had an Overload, my soaker, and a bag of 200 water balloons, it was a team of about six people. The opposing team also had about six or seven people, with balloons, two shield blaster 2000's, and a Helix. It all started off well, my team took a filling station about 50 yards back from the actual picnic area where the other team was. It was generally a soak-fest but with teams, and some tactics. We usually flanked them, and they really didn't like the fact that I had a 1000(0). They seemed to have gotten upset at me, just because I had more power, and it was just poor sports-manship.

Two of them came near me, unarmed and flanked me. One grabbed me, while the other grabbed my strap, and attempted to seperate me from the soaker. All I could do was cling to it, and fall into a fetal position, all the while I started to swallow dirt, and my pump nearly snapped. They were eventually pulled off me, and had to nearly induce vomiting. After that, We them continued to beat them, and they eventually decided to call it quits. So I suppose we won. I think I'm going to retire my sweetheart from the JROTC picnics from now on, but it was nice to outgun everyone. Next year, my 4100 will get to see some action. They won't dare come near me then.

All in all, in was alright. Just a few lame arrogant freshmen and sophmores just got upset because they got wet. A note to everyone, never just take someone's soaker from them. It's stupid, and if you do, they'll likely stick the nozzel down you're throat and pull the trigger, drowning you in the process.

Me :bm1000: Them

~SO
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

DX

Post by DX » Fri May 05, 2006 4:45 pm

If your whole team were similarly armed, there would be no physical contact problems. Order is kept in our local wars mainly because of little things such as 6 ft water balloon launchers which look like RPGs. But we haven't ever need to "enforce" order, since people on our teams generally respect the others [we are almost all good friends in school].
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Fri May 05, 2006 4:49 pm

Yeah, it's a big problem, physical contact. Those guys weren't friends, just people you kinda "know". It's a real shame. The fact that some need to resort to physical abuse, shows how dim-witted some are.
CPS 4100 *in repair*
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat May 06, 2006 7:05 pm

Nearly had to induce vomitting? Swallowing dirt? Wow. I thought some of my games got rough...

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sat May 06, 2006 10:42 pm

I keep picturing that scene from Saving Private Ryan where that one dude gets knifed, and they are rolling around upstairs in that one run down building. I'm happy the people I soak have enough brains to not get physical. Then again, who would get physical with a 6' 2" guy with a little muscle and a hot temper? :p

Edited By Crashdummy on 1146973352

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Sun May 07, 2006 3:26 pm

lol, yeah. The thing is, I'm a little surprised they attacked me, I'm 6'2 as well. It was the first time any water fight I've been in that got physical. I think the Sergeant Major (our JROTC instructor) pulled them aside and told them to lay off, good thing too.
CPS 4100 *in repair*
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000