Tree Hunt? - I treed somebody.

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:24 pm

I'll post this as a story in Game Stoires, but any good tactics for getting people in trees? I fought with my cousin the other day, and me and soakerman treed him in a tree. He was getting us with a Storm 800 and a XP240, while soakerman had a 800, and me a 3200.

My water was just splashing against leaves at whatever angle I had. Soakerman dropped his guns and started to climp the tree as my cousin was drenching him. Soakerman then told me to pump up my 3200, unhook it, and hand it to him.

What followed was unpredictable. My cousin insanely opened the tanks on his guns and poured water on Soakerman, which splashed on leaves and did little damage. Soakerman pointed the 3200 on 20x two inches from his chest and emptied the entire chamber on him.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:36 pm

Keep your distance and hurl water balloons. If you can get a bunch of people to do it all at once it really helps. 2 water balloons is harder to dodge than one.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:55 pm

It's hard to dodge anything in a tree, and people rarely have much water with them if they're going to be climbing trees. So, make them waste their water, and than do some "target pratctice".

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:10 am

I think XP20Warrior missed a few facts :;): :

1. We didn't have any water balloons, we improvised with sandwich bags but they didn't work to well......
2. He was too far up in the tree to be hit, that's why I ended up climbing up after him

Thanks for the Ideas so far! :)

:soakon:
ImageImage

viper275

Post by viper275 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:50 pm

Also, if someone is up in a tree and there is a branch above them, couldn't you shoot the branch and the water would drop on them? That could be easier than hitting them directly, although it probably wouldn't soak them quite as much.

Edited By viper275 on 1119570678

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:29 pm

Thanks, in the topic, Need Help Planning, they had put the flag in the tree. That complicated things.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars