How would you rate your chances?

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
jja

How would you rate your chances?

Post by jja » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:12 am

The battle is a 1v1 duel, OHK.

Your opponent is armed with a CPS 1000, he/she is a novice warrior but knows the tap-pump method. Also they are stuck seated in an office chair with no wheels (360 rotation but no movement). Basically they are a CPS 1000 turret!

What percentage of games do you think you could win if armed with:

A) an XP40

B) a Python 2

C) a CPS 1000

How would you go about each battle? what tactics, maneuvers etc would you use?

NB: You must attack! you cannot stay back out of range to force a draw.

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: How would you rate your chances?

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:51 pm

Even with an XP 40 vs him, I would say it's in the bag I know this because I once disarmed a noob who was running around with a 1200 while unarmed and didn't have a drop on me afterwards. As for the other blasters, how much more won do you need it to be?
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

jja

Post by jja » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:31 pm

@the oncoming storm. That is very impressive! you must have good reflexes/dodging skills. How go about evading his attacks (run in a "S" pattern or a curve or just straight at him)? would you rate you win chance at 100% for all three scenarios?

I would have thought the 4 meter range disadvantage with the XP 40 would make winning quite difficult, especially in OHK where first hit wins?
I have found in my battles that even a meter range advantage is hard to win against 1v1 and 2 meters is almost impossible to defeat.
Perhaps there are some tactics/strategies that i am unaware of, what would you do when facing a blaster with superior range?

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:38 pm

With the 1000 and P2, winning would be cake. The person can't dodge! Using the 40 would be a little tougher, but considering that my opponent is a newbie, I could probably easily make him/her run out of water, then rush. Another good tactic would be to keep running around the chair in circles, making the person dizzy, and striking if they can't keep up. Stationary positions like this are very weak, unless they have a firehose or something. Dodging is one of the most necessary skills to have in water warfare (if you're good at it, you can easily fight a mobile opponent who outranges you). I'm fairly confident that I could easily win in all three situations, and then get reprimanded for soaking a handicapped person.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:51 pm

Even if the opponent isn't a newbie, you still have the advantage of making him run out of water first by getting close enough where you can still dodge, yet your opponent still has to shoot at you to mitigate the risk of getting shot back.

If your opponent had a hose instead, it'd be much more challenging since he'd be able to shoot continuously without a break. Tap shots are easier to avoid than short sustained shots, and definitely far easier to avoid than continuous fire. The effective range of a player depends on far more than their stream; it's affected by how much they can shoot. This is what makes the XP 150 very effective: despite the short range and weak stream, it has a pump that is more than capable of constantly supplying near continuous tap shooting, allowing a more aggressive/mobile player to seriously threaten a less aggressive and slower opponent.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:05 pm

The 240 is definitely the most difficult to work with, so I'll focus on that one. I would dance in and out of their range trying to get them to waste water. If they waste a full PC then I'll do a hit and run, running up to them firing and pumping at the same time, and running right past them, turning my 240 to hit them as I run away. If there's any available cover I'll try to use that during the dodging at max range.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.