M4's Tactical Exercise #2

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

M4's Tactical Exercise #2

Post by marauder » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:26 pm

Objective
You and your 15 man team must defend your base in a 1hk/capture the flag game. The enemy has 18 players. The battle begins at noon. You win by either A) eliminating all enemy combatants or B) successfully defending your flag from enemy capture until 2 o'clock. It is now 11 AM. Your team has just finished an early lunch and you now have 1 hour before the battle starts.

You can build additional defenses, conduct patrols, plan ambushes, keep everyone near your flag, or whatever you come up with.

Map Recon
Each grid square is 15m by 15m
Your flag is the blue X in the middle of the map. You are not allowed to move the location of your flag.
A tree stand is located 2m W of your flag. The tree stand is 10m up and has no cover, it is a simple flat platform with a ladder.
Your team has constructed a 1m high palisade out of pine logs, located 15m south of your flag.
The palisade is built on top of a 1m high dirt mound.
There is a sand mound at corner of the E/F/6/7 and a thick grove of bushes in E6.
There are very large downed trees 12m E and W of your flag as well as grids H5 and B6.
The creek that runs from A4 to J4 is too wide to jump. It must be waded, or a makeshift bridge must be built.
Your team has built a log bridge to cross the creek at F5.
The creek that runs from A8 to F6 is wide enough that only your best athletes can easily jump it (terrain allowing).
The creek that runs from the pond is small and shallow enough to walk across.
There is a giant collapsed beaver damn in H4, surrounded by an open sandy area, which is surrounded by thick underbrush and trees.
The thicker the green, the thicker the brush/trees. Density of foliage has a MAJOR impact on mobility and LOS. LOS can be as little as 2m in thicker areas.
The ridge on the W side of the map is high and dry, with pine trees and an open forest floor.

Soldiers & Equipment
P1: You, team commander
P2: Veteran 2nd in command with 21k
P3: Friend from school with black XP 270. Stealthy & fast, veteran of many school nerf battles. Will not use CPS.
P4: experienced, brought Tigershark
P5: experienced, brought Vindicator

10 people on your team have little to no experience and did not bring their own guns. The equipment you have available is as follows:
CPS 3200, CPS 2000, CPS 2500, CPS 12k (x2), XP 150 (x2), Arctic Blast (x2), Stream machine, Max D 6000, Monster XL, Storm 750 (x2), Max D 2000, Goblin, XXP 175 all fully loaded. 2 lacrosse sticks, 200 filled waterballoons, 6 2 liter bottles of tap water, and plenty of camo cloth.

What is your plan of action?

*edit*

I will not be playing Op4, this is just an open discussion on what you would do.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

atvan

Re: M4's Tactical Exercise #2

Post by atvan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:55 pm

Well, seing how succesful your last one was… :p

I'm gonna cross the bridge and set up as many flash fortification things as I can with some of the noobs- can't be that hard rigth? I want them on both sides of the creek where there is the opening in the vegitation, and then line as much of that creeks as I can with them on our bank, with a few placed at the best jumping spots on both sides. Assuming it is spring and the thorn bush is greenbriar, I go over there while my noobs are impaling the ground, and grab a few handfuls of the leaves to snack on (yummy!). Then it's bye-bye bridge.

Put in some flash fortifications in the north while discussing positions- a strike team of my 2nd in command (P2) and P4, plus a noob with a AB and a noob with a 6k. Then a radial defense- 4 in the outer ring with ranged weapons, facing Southeast, Northeast, North (in the West), and West (in the South) to cover all the major gaps. A second ring of four staggered against the first with longer shot time weapons. These two rotate positions and weapons every 10 minutes, always moving to the left. If there is an engagement, the ranged weapon fires tap shots, while the longer shot time weapon from behind right comes up to support. If more assitance is needed, I (P1) and P3 are near the flag, but can support the outer rings. Any casualties On the outer ring are replaced by people on the inner ring, but the inner ring members are not replaced. I and P3 can replace outer ring members if need be. P5 is in the treestand with the 3200.

If the patrol makes 5 kills, they check on the camp from a distance with binoculars- if it is bad, they rejoin, if it is good, they make 3 more kills, and the survivors reinforce the camp. If the outer ring colapses, it should regroup as an 3 member ring in the center, surrounding P5 and the flag- if any member of that falls, P5 gets down and a back to back to back ring around the flag forms, and they fight until the end.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:37 pm

Wait... where's the enemy?
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:48 pm

The enemy attacks from the rd with 18 players. I don't give out what weapons they have because you generally won't know. I'm not playing Op4 because it will get complex. It's just easy to use this as a "what would you do?" discussion instead of roleplaying.

What I like about this scenario is that it almost happened. My friends and I built the fort and bridge etc over Spring Break but only got to use it for paintball. We were going to have another Vermin War there but it never happened.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:44 am

Rd?

My plan was designed for their starting point to not matter. It was more fun that I thought it would be.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:27 am

atvan wrote:Rd?

My plan was designed for their starting point to not matter. It was more fun that I thought it would be.
Well, that's probably a good thing, because, even if an enemy was starting from the road, it doesn't mean they'd attack head on. Vermin Wars 1 and 2 involved base defenses and each time the attack was not head on. The enemy feigned an attack behind us, across a field, in the first war. Then they attacked from the woods/side of the house where we didn't have a scout posted and took us by surprise.

So, I think your plan would definitely keep you from being over run. Your team would just have to make sure that the little patrols wouldn't get overwhelmed by a concentrated attack.

So, as far as weapons distribution you have:
Strike Team: (P2) 21k, (P4) Tigershark, (P6) AB, (P7) Max D 6000 - I think this is a cool idea
Radial defense: 4 people with "ranged weapons" - which would you choose?
Second Ring: 4 people with "longer shot time weapons" - which ones?
Peninsula Base: (P1) what weapon do you use? (P3) XP 270, (P5) in treestand with CPS 3200. Does he lend out his Vindicator or keep it as well?

What do you do with the waterballoons, lacrosse sticks, etc?

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:43 pm

Peninsula? We would just be in the center of the radial defense.

Ranged- CPS2k on the southeast; 2500 north; 12k northeast; stream machine (they have surprising range) west, using the creek
shot time- the vin, the xl, the 175, and the AB

I'll take both 150s and have the MD2k ready. :goofy: Commander's got to assert dominance, right?
Beware the Purple

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:29 am

This would have been a really fun place to hold a battle. I have only played paintball there though. Here are some pics of us constructing the fort:

Ox-11

Post by Ox-11 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:54 am

To tell the truth, radial defenses are only good when people stick to them, and no one can guarantee that.
I can't have a rivalry when my best gun is the Colossus, so don't ask; I can't.