HBWW Camp Water Warfare Scenario: Metal and Water

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

HBWW Camp Water Warfare Scenario: Metal and Water

Post by HBWW » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:03 am

Camp Water Warfare Local Assault, Larami Estate. 13:00; July 25th, 2035.

A group of five rebels have stolen a machine containing copies of private and classified information on Camp Water Warfare's operations and project developments. They surrounded, breeched, and raided Larami Estate in the previous night, routing its computer networks to be isolated from CWW's and stealing all armaments. Only two of the occupants remained dry during the raid by hiding. They locked down the building after the rebels left, but remain unarmed. However, they will not answer to anyone, including CWW personnel.

Now, the rebels have captured the machine and are trying to get it through the backdoor of Larami Estate so that they can bring it into the building to connect it to a computer and upload its information. To get the door open again, they have a different machine to pick the lock, but will need three minutes for it to work so that they can go in and breech the building. However, one of them has just found out that a CWW elite strike team, also consisting of five members, has just made it to the front pathways of Larami Estate. An encounter will be inevitable and the machine can be easily destroyed and its information lost with a little water.

The stakes are high for both sides. The rebels must expose the information and find out what the camp is doing with its projects, while CWW must protect this information from falling into the wrong hands. If at least two armed members of the rebels make it into the house with the machine, they only need 10 seconds to hook it up to the nearest computer, whose onboard software will initiate the upload as soon as it's connected. The upload will take another 5 seconds.

In total, the CWW strike team has 3:15 to eliminate the rebels and/or destroy the machine. The machine can only take 500mL of water on its front panel before it malfunctions.

The rebels have two CPS 12k's, one 2500, one custom high range CPS (black colored), and one semi-automatic water balloon launcher. The WBL has a rate of fire of 3 balloons per second, with each shot firing up to 200ft when arced. The WBL user has 20 shots but has to switch air tanks and load the hopper every 5 shots. One direct hit is a kill, as well as any direct hit with a CPS. (Or enough grazing droplets; water impact must total to 250mL.)

All Rebels are also armed with 2 Liquidators and 3 Max-D 3000s as sidearms. Everyone also carries 1 water balloon for throwing and 2 .5L refill bottles.

The CWW Strike Team has three black colored custom high range CPS's (slightly different than the one the Rebels use), one CPS 2500 painted black, and one semi-auto WBL which is the same as described above. (Hey, it's water warfare sci-fi here in 2035. =p)

All Strike Team members are also armed with 2 Max-D 2000s and 3 custom small PR's painted black as sidearms. Everyone also carries 2 water balloons for throwing and 4 .5L refill bottles.

Overview map:

Obviously, the high mesh fence surrounding the area is the battlefield borders. CWW Strike Team members will be charged with dereliction of duty if they leave the areas, and rebels will be attacked by camp patrols.

A: Woods
B: Rebels' current location
C: 360° water turret for Rebels; gets 60ft range and works as a filling station as well but is completely stationary unlike most hoses
D: Location of the machine for the Strike Team to destroy
E: Cover + weapon stash 1: contains two completely filled and pressurized CPS 2500's and 8 .5L refill bottles
F: Cover + weapon stash 2: contains a filled and pressurized CPS 12k, 4 air canisters for the semi-auto WBL, and a bucketload of water balloons, along with several sabots
G: Front porch
H: Front 360° turret same as the one in the back
I: Strike Team's starting point

Overview map without labels:

Front approach:

Side with weapon stash 1:

Side with weapon stash 2:

Backyard:

Strike Team's starting point:

Rebels' starting point with machine to defend:

Overall view of backyard:

As you can see, the Rebels and Strike Team look very menancing. Actually, I just put in those people to get an idea of where they are and the size of the people relative to map elements. (This is Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, not a water warfare FPS map editor!) All bushes and rocks are tall enough to use as cover but cover is fairly sparse in many areas. The wooden fence in the back is fairly defendable but has three holes to attack from.

So, post your battle strategies, plans, whatever! And don't just post ideas for one team; it's always more interesting when both sides are looked at.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

HBWW

Re: HBWW Camp Water Warfare Scenario: Metal and Water

Post by HBWW » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:42 pm

So, anyone want to post their take on this? Maybe I should use fewer pictures next time.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

TacticalTyphoon

Post by TacticalTyphoon » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:08 am

OK, here we go....

First, the main problem I have here is that the enemy know that my team consists of 5 men. Thus, I can't send 4 on one side and 1 on the other, because they'll expect that. So all 5 men will creep along the "F" side of the Estate, out of enemy view, at first. The guy with the WBL will pass it to someone on my team - let's call that guy "Jim" for now - and Jim will admittedly be slower now, carrying his main blaster and a WBL now.

So four of my men will then head in a south-westernly direction towards the trees that are to the left of the Rebel turret. These four men include Jim who now has the WBL, with four extra cannisters (we picked them up from "F"). When these four men reach the trees left of the rebel turret, the rebels will seem them, and thus try to take shots with the long-range turret. Jim, with the assistance of the other three guys, will start bombarding them back with WBL shots. We will likely have to be careful to avoid their WBL shots, but this shouldn't be difficult considering that we can move around freely and they have no choice but to stay near the machine.

The enemy will get clever quickly and realise that there are only four men there - naturally, they will assume that we have sent a single man round the "E" side of the Estate, expecting an ambush from him. In fact, we know that this lone guy is on the "F" side. He will advance 20 seconds after we started bombarding the enemy, moving up along the "F" wall, still out of sight. The rebels will, I expect, not have investigated the "E" wall where they think my lone assassain is, because they'll want to be strictly near the machine at all times, with it being so vital to their success. Thus they will still be ready and anticipating an attack from that side, meaning at least two of their guys are facing that way.

My lone man will, all of a sudden with the CPS 12K he got from "F", jump out and soak the turret guy, thanks to the element of surprise. With one of theirs down, my lone assassain takes cover behind the "F" wall again, as they will retaliate quickly. I then order two of my men with High-range CPS blasters to quickly get to the fence of the backyard and throw Water Balloons at the machine. This will hopefully make it take some damage. I will then advance (with the CPS 2500) along with Jim, who will leave the WBL behind and start using his High-Range Custom CPS. We will link up with the two other Custom-CPS guys at the fence. Us four will then split into two groups of two; one of the pairs will enter the backyard via the central fence opening and the other pair via the fence opening nearest to the "F" wall. We will push the four remaining rebels back as far as possible. Lone assassain guy, who was taking cover behind the "F" wall, will then spring out from that wall, advance to just behind me and the other three on our team, and soak the machine, since we will have pushed the rebels back behind it.

CWW Victory! Rebel Defeat!

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:40 am

One issue with how you began is that you assumed the Rebels would just stay at their base waiting to get attacked. This is so tactically unsound I couldn't imagine anyone doing that. Since it's elimination, they're always better off taking initiative and defending the two passages that lead to the back. At the very least, they can pick up the ordinance from the weapon stashes before any Strike Team members are able to because they are closer.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

TacticalTyphoon

Post by TacticalTyphoon » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:29 am

But like I said, with such a valuable asset, they're going to be quite static and protective around the machine; it's better for them to be hit than the machine. So I reckon that even if they did want to have some outside security, they'd likely only send a single scout, not wanting to remove much protection from the backyard area. Thus, we could deal with said scout and continue with the plan.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:30 pm

Even so, it is better for them to send out a few members to rush to the weapon caches to pick up their items first, and then defend the entire inner fenced area as a whole. If they just stay clumped around by the machine, they will be surrounded easily and anyone can kill all 4 or 5 at once with the WBL especially because they're so close to each other. If they hold a small perimeter, it keeps the strike team from getting too dangerously close to the machine.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

TacticalTyphoon

Post by TacticalTyphoon » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:35 am

Oh right I didn't know that they knew of the weapon caches....well in that case, I'd just proceed with the plan and take out any Rebels that were on "F" wall. Hopefully, the plan will still go accordingly; they will suspect an attack from the "E" side, thinking my lone assassain will go that way to make them surrounded whilst the other four are in the trees on the other side.

By the time they find he isn't on the "E" wall, creeping up on them, and have assumed that their guys who went to "F" cache are eliminated, they won't have chance to send another scout to investigate the "F" wall because by that time the lone guy will have jumped out, taken out the Rebel turret (or the nearest Rebel guy) and the plan will have proceeded to part two - moving in, pushing the Rebels back very quickly, and the lone guy will elimate the machine.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:54 pm

Well I didn't state how well both teams know the map, but I asked for strategies for both teams so from that I assumed it would be evident that both teams are aware of the map. Sorry for the lack of clarification.

My point is, the Rebels are closer to those caches and they can get to them before the Strike Team. While this may not necessarily mean they'll be able to clear the caches before the Strike Team reaches them, it's something important to consider.

Some issues with the scenario itself. I think the time limit of 3:15 is way too long, plus with the fact that at least two Rebels must remain alive and enter the house makes this game scenario very difficult for them. The small map size does not help their cause either.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare