Story II - Comments, criticism, feedback?

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:37 pm

Just posted Week 1 Day 1 of Story II in the appropriate forum. I'm going to try to run this like a tv show. I'll post each section on a certain day each week, taking time off for major holidays. There'll be a new Day every Tuesday and Friday until/and if I run out of material, after which there'll be a long pause while I type up some more.

I'm still not totally sure I'm going to finish this, or if I do, post all of it. Just warnin' ya in case you see a heartfelt apology here in the future. :;):

So what do y'all think? Detailed reviews (comments/criticism of dialogue, characters etc.) would be wonderful.

Coming during Week 1:Three people join, 2 of whom may not stay. The opposing team gains more members. A skirmish. Work on the fort. A possible future weapon.

Adrian

Edited By Adrian on 1111340752
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:14 pm

Good start: nice little intro to parts of the different characters' personas. Of course, since not much has been revealed about what is to come, can't comment much more just yet. :goofy: However, so far so good...

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:05 am

Today's update is a short journal entry. Due to the approaching Easter holiday, I'll post Friday's section tomorrow. I promise it'll be long and more interesting. :laugh:

Thanks,

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:02 am

Wednesday has been posted. Let me know what y'all think.

There won't be another entry till the Tuesday after Spring Break, so about 2 weeks.

Thanks much,

Adrian

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:44 pm

Good job so far. You writing style is nice, and the story interesting. I like the complex character of keith. A geek wouldn't have a very good grip, or perhaps I was just reading wrong. No matter, it is a very good stroy nonetheless.

I'm probably going to have to write a story now, as the UWS is a never ending project.

Good Job, and I look forward to reading more :)

:soakon2:
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:20 pm

Glad y'all are liking it. It's nice to get some feedback.

Wetmonkey:You think Keith is complex now...let's just say I like messing with conventions... :;): There's another character coming that's nice and complex, a blast to write too...

Thanks again,

Adrian

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:00 am

I goofed up. Forgot part of Wednesday.

This is the last update for a week, I promise! :D

Adrian

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:24 am

Just when you thought it was safe to come out of hiding...IT'S BAAACCKK!!! :D :p

Thursday's section has been posted. Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance,

Adrian

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:14 pm

Woohooo! New installments (but just curious about those 'c:/...' things in the posts).

Will read when I get a chance and comment on afterwards.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:17 pm

The C Prompt is the location on Brian Tanner's hard drive of the journal that he keeps in MicroSoft Word. I thought including the location added to the realism.

Glad you like it so far.

Adrian

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:15 am

The Friday installment is up. A skirmish, as well as backstory on the technology and culture. Check it out, let me know what you think.

Adrian

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:07 pm

It's all good so far. There's just one think I don't like...but it has nothing to do with your writing. Basically everyone is armed with a Calypso and two Falcons. I would prefer it if there was a bit of variety, so some people had power, others range, etc. Otherwise, everyone is armed with a "super gun" and quoting The Incredibles "when everyone's super, no one is". IMHO it would make it more interesting, but anyway, it's still really good.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:15 pm

*grins* I don't like to post everything all at once...things shall develop...you'll see.

Anyone else want to comment?

Adrian

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:19 pm

Posted Saturday's section this morning. Probably not the best written, but definitely necessary.

I calculated it all out, and if I manage to write all that I'm planning on, and follow my posting schedule, I'll finish the story sometime in September or October (I think). If I ran it one post a week (more like a tv show), it'd be well into next year.

And just to clear up a little confusion...or sow some...just about everything is connected. Even some of the numbers used in later posts have significance if you can figure out the pattern...

Adrian

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:30 am

Posted Sunday's section. Let me know what y'all think.

A cookie to whoever can tell me the origin of Jack's full name.

Adrian

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:22 pm

Just posted Week II, Day I. This is the most intense week outside of the weeklong fight.

A preview of coming attractions:Sheridan leaves the team. The team gains a new member. A second skirmish in a really cool environment. Increasing power. A resort to fisticuffs.

Feedback on what I've posted so far would be awesome!

Adrian

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:55 am

Woohooo! A new part added today!

Anyhow, I'm enjoying the read thusfar, but am looking forward to things to come. I enjoy your writing style, but will admit I still prefer doing more comments once more is written. :goofy:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:04 pm

Actually, comments would be great even if you consider them premature - I'd like to know where to take the story, what characters to focus on, stuff like that.

Anybody want to give some feedback?

Adrian

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:28 pm

Posted Wednesday this morning. My favorite so far that I've written. Lots of loose ends to tie up later...

Just to be fair, I'm giving a warning. Wednesday through Saturday are rated PG-13 for violence, language, and thematic elements. Nothing too intense, but I'm treading on the safe side.

Adrian

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:42 pm

Posted Thursday today. I'm interested in what people think of this one.

Adrian