I'm back - but where is the ultimate story

Water warfare tactical scenarios, role-playing threads, and fictional stories.
USSA

Post by USSA » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:27 pm

Hi i'm back... or at least i will be in a few days... with school starting a trip without computers and the complete renovation of my room (my computers are scattered across my floor) i haven't been able to log on but my room shall be done by the end of next week so so i'm back.

Now then... is it true that without my constant nagging the ultimate story shall never be complete? Wet monkey i beg of you complete your story...

On another note i was just wondering where did big bee go? he hasn't posted since august and i don't see any of the marathon threads with concepts.

It's good to be back,
USSA

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:39 pm

The (unfinished) Ultimate Story is in the Warstories section of the forum, about 2/3 of the way down the front of the board. Wetmonkey doesn't seem to be hanging around here much these days, and IMHO, it doesn't seem likely to be finished. On the other hand, I just finished writing Part 1 of my 2-part warstory, a partly (ok, a major part) fictional acount of The Big Water Fight of 2004. It's the only partly non-fiction, extremely realistic, small-team warstory out there, though I'm still undecided whether or not to post it.

Big Bee checks back from time to time, though this IS the off-season for soakers. The "marathon" thread is still active, and if I'm not mistaken, contains a brief description of next years line-up. Very cool stuff comin' round the bend...

Welcome back!

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:03 pm

Thought I'd bring this topic back because I posted about my fictional war story here. Would anyone here be interested in reading it if I posted it? I can put up an excerpt if anyone wants....

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:07 pm

To be frank, I'm not interested in a soaker fantasy.
At all.

But that's just me.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:18 pm

Go for it! It would probably be fun to read. :)
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:43 pm

Yeah, don't let me stop you. If you want to, knock yourself out.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:06 pm

It's not so much soaker fantasy as it is embellished truth.

Adrian

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:07 am

I enjoy reading war stories. Wetmonkey's was good, even though it was a bit unrealistic. Post away!

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:49 am

It's a two part story, divided into chapters or "times" (if you've ever seen 24, you'll know what I mean). Should I upload each chapter seperately, each part seperately, or wait till I've finished the whole thing?

Adrian

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:21 pm

I'd say upload it in the two parts. Then you can post each chapter in a new post just to make it easier to read (well it depends really on how many chapters there are!).