Conceptual CPS Series

Water blaster concepts and dream designs for water guns and related equipment.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Conceptual CPS Series

Post by SEAL » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:59 pm

I made these a while ago, and figured I might as well post them.

The smallest blaster of the line is the CPS 1100. As opposed to the existing small CPS blasters with spherical PCs, I designed this as more of a miniature CPS 2000, with a cylindrical PC.
It has one nozzle, which is about the size of the CPS 1000 (5X?), and I predict the range to be around 45-50 feet, based on the assumption that the bladder is basically a smaller version of the 2000's.

The next blaster is the CPS 2200. This is basically a blaster that combines the power and versatility of the CPS 1500/1700, with the well-balanced body of the Vanquisher. It sports dual PCs, based on the 1500/1700, but then I realized that the front "PC" on the 1500/1700 doesn't have a ventilation hole, so I'm guessing it's just part of the design (If that sounds stupid, bear in mind that I've never owned a 1500/1700.). So the 2200 does have twin PCs; I don't know whether or not that would be better than one large PC, but it's an interesting idea. Predicted range should be no less than 50' with it's 5X and 10X nozzles, but I'm not sure I'm being realistic here.

Next up, the CPS 3300. This will be familiar to those who were around for the iSoaker.net Concept Contest. Yep, this was my entry, and although it didn't win the contest, it remains one of my favorites. For those of you who don't know, this is basically a Triple Aggressor crossed with a 2000, combining the best features of both, and improving greatly on everything. Bladder is stronger than a 2000's, and with it's 7.5X and 15X nozzles, should reach 55 feet. It also has a riot blast, which is comparable to an APH with a 3/4" ball valve. It's other features include the pressurized-by-pump mini pistol which I named the "Sidekicker" for some reason, which has a small but strong bladder, and should unload it's entire PC up to 40'. There's also the water balloon filler on the bottom, which also uses the pump to pressurize the balloons. By having the pump do everything, you can actually shoot while filling a balloon, something you can't do with the TA. A little gimmicky, sure, but I can see a lot of ways it would be useful.

Next we have the CPS 4400 (See the pattern yet?), which is probably my least favorite design. I wanted it to be sort of a "Reservoir with a gun", with a gigantic reservoir that you could sling over your shoulder. If built properly, it should have perfect balance when the PC is full. It has four nozzles: 5X, 10X, and 20X just like the 2500, along with an even stronger riot blast than the 3300. It's also QFD compatible. I predict the range to be 55-60', with it's upgraded 3300 PC. The trigger grip looks very uncomfortable, but if built like I envision, it shouldn't be too bad.

Last but not least, I present to you the biggest, baddest blaster in the line; the CPS 5500. This blaster sports two mighty cylindrical PCs, each twice as strong as the 4400's, and both feed to the single nozzle, with 5 selections; 7.5X, 15X, 25X, 35X, and the most massive riot blast yet, unloading everything from both PCs. Like the 4400, it's QFD compatible. Range should be well over 60' on some nozzles, perhaps even grazing 70'. I'm not sure how well balanced this will be though; my drawing doesn't particularly scream balance to me.

And there you have it. This is my dream line, with the larger blasters being more powerful than the smaller ones, as it should be. Also, each blaster is compatible with 5, 8, and 10 liter Aquapak-like backpacks. If you were wondering, the I got the whole "Hand Built" idea from Mercedes-Benz AMG engines, which are assigned a single engineer to build it, who's signature is engraved on the top of the engine. I think it gives the blasters a very high-quality feeling.

Questions and complaints are welcome; I probably forgot to mention a few things. Oh, and don't go saying things like "That pump is too small!", because none of these drawings are to scale.

~SEAL
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

atvan

Re: Conceptual CPS Series

Post by atvan » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:10 pm

Dual cylindircals chew up lamination, no way around it.

Also, the last two are way too back heavy.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:23 pm

No way around it? What if I were to do something like this?

Yeah, the 5500 would probably be back-heavy, but take a look at where the strap hooks are on the 4400.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:51 pm

I meant sphericals.

I like a gun to balance by it's handles, and use the strap to assist in carrying, not the other way around.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:54 pm

Okay... Then how's this?

The arrow is pointing to the hole where the water gets pumped through.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:58 pm

The collision seems like it would screw it up- it's like having an on-ramp for the highway have the same speed limit as the highway with no extra lanes for the merging traffic.
Beware the Purple

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:15 pm

General rule of thumb on CPS's: always expand PC first, only adding more if absolutely necessary. Plus you get exponential increases in volume as it gets larger.

The SC Power Pak and MXL are the only multi-bladder CPS's I can think of at the moment, but the monster could've gotten by with a larger diameter single bladder.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:12 pm

Hmm, not bad designs. I really like the 3300, is the "Sidekicker" pressurized by the blaster and if so does it attach for storage? I've always thought this was a cool concept, but the small blaster should get maybe 5 tap shots instead of the one the triple aggressor had. This way you can let the gun dangle from the strap, pump madly, and hold off your enemies with your side arm at the same time! Some of those designs are a bit too big for my tastes though. I also wouldn't mind some more blasters like the Vindicator where the handle is in the back, most didn't seam to like this, but I liked it because I could easily hold it with one hand, plus the strap, and aim it anywhere with very little effort. This left my left hand free to do other stuff, like covering my yawns triggered by my pathetic opponents :goofy: (Though this doesn't count just about all the guys at the community meet, they aren't even in the same league as the people a normally battle with). :cps2700: :soaked: But any way, some nice concepts here, maybe if I ever get around to trying paint, I will make some designs. Woops, sorry I got a little off topic and went on a rant, but that's nothing new.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"