Nerf Super Soaker CPS 5000

Water blaster concepts and dream designs for water guns and related equipment.
atvan

Re: Nerf Super Soaker CPS 5000

Post by atvan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:49 am

Note that you could do this on my design too. Heck, you could have it go around the PC case enturely if you wanted.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

FredCompany

Post by FredCompany » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:31 am

I'll have a look at how far forward the reservoir extended (and probably change it)
I think I'll make the 2 designs separate guns (I need something to be different for the second one, and I have something in mind)

Once the designs are done I'll post images with the internals superimposed on the casing, possibly with labels.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:33 am

haha, nice to see al up here bringing one great idea after another :)

But to my mind, we need something totally new, a new design, away from the usual "CPS" design. It is funny to joke around and think about what can be made better and placed better ( e.g. the pump reaching in the reservoir definately brings new space and makes the Soaker smaller) but I would rather look towards something new. Do not ask me what this is but I have seen so much conepts with strong guns(at least Super Soaker made lots of different series) and further, homemade conepts and I would really like to get the feeling : " WOW, this is something totally different, never seen this before ! " But I fear, this is not really possible, as existing concepts are good how they look and work...

DO not feel disturbed, go on with your talk :D

FredCompany

Post by FredCompany » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:39 am

I'll have a look at how far forward the reservoir extended (and probably change it)
I think I'll make the 2 designs separate guns (I need something to be different for the second one, and I have something in mind)

Once the designs are done I'll post images with the internals superimposed on the casing, possibly with labels.

EDIT: Here are the internals of the 5000

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:20 pm

That looks likes less than 3 shots per tank.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

FredCompany

Post by FredCompany » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:24 pm

That's why the 5100 will improve on it :P

EDIT:
It's done :D The CPS 5100:

And here are the internals:
The difference with the CPS 5100 is that it's backpack-compatible. The port at the bottom of the reservoir is where the backpack connects, and the switch on the reservoir operates a valve that switches between the backpack and the reservoir.

Missed a couple of details on the pump, and forgot the strap attachment points and pressure gauge completely (again) but I'll improve on it tomorrow. I have homework to do tonight.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:19 pm

That's awesome.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:24 pm

That is f***ing epic. I want one. Nozzles?

Also, this is the most ergonomic water blaster design I've seen. On this one, I care less about the stap points because of the design.

The only problem I see is that when the gun is tilted, the intake tube won't intake if the res is too empty. That is why I wanted a squarer reservoir.
Beware the Purple

FredCompany

Post by FredCompany » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:50 pm

Thanks martianshark and atvan!
I made it squarer than it was :P The intake tube would probably be different in a real thing - that was just a quick guess as to where it would go.

I'll add a pressure gauge and some strap points, and more detail on the pump, in a sec.
Last edited by FredCompany on Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:50 pm

I strongly prefer open grips to closed ones.

FredCompany

Post by FredCompany » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:53 pm

Cantab, to be honest, I have no preference, but if I did I think I would prefer open ones - more freedom to grip in any way you want.

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:06 pm

Only the closed part in the front seems to matter. This does not have that. Look at modern sniper rifles, and other guns like FN P-90. They have a tiny hole for the thumb, and opend space for the other fingers.
Beware the Purple

FredCompany

Post by FredCompany » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:36 pm

The 5100 now has a pressure gauge, fill gauge, strap points and a tactical rail.

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:54 pm

Those strap hooks are way too afterthoughty. Mold one right in front of the the rail, and the other into the handle. Also, flatten the handle and put the rail there- it is useless hidden like that. A rail on both sides would be cool too.
Beware the Purple

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:01 pm

Impressive! But do you really need a tactical rail? Sure, if Super Soaker were actually to make this, it would have rails, but I see no point in having them at all.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

FredCompany

Post by FredCompany » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:22 pm

Neither do I really, but you nailed the reason I put it there. Tomorrow I'll do Atvan's suggestion and put it on the handle. Atvan, did you mean right on the sides or sort of leaning a bit away from vertical on each side?

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:37 pm

On the top handle OR on the sides, 90° from it now.
Beware the Purple

DX

Post by DX » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:46 pm

I love the 5000 design, except that it has so much wasted space up front. The trigger valve and laminator don't need to be so long. The PC could then be moved forward, allowing for part of the reservoir to come over like a shelf. That's more for balancing than extra capacity, though - balance in a large gun is really important to me.

I intensely dislike the 5100 design for two reasons - the closed grip and the insane weight imbalance in the back. I like being able to shoot a water gun from a variety of angles and grip positions. None of my Nerf primaries even have trigger guards. While the reservoir may have more capacity than the 5000, all the weight is piled up in the back. The PC will probably not balance that out. Pick up a 1500 and fill it up with an empty PC. That's what you'd get here - awful stress on your firing wrist unless you keep the PC near full all the time. And the 1500 res doesn't even have the lower part.

Then again, it's an old bias in that I've always wanted a design to maximize moving functionality. The 5100 looks like something you'd use while standing up, shoulder-stocked in a soakfest. Too casual and nerfy. You can't stock the gun and let your shoulder take the weight when you're running around. Your firing wrist takes it all. Use a 2000 in a place like Waterbridge where you are running XC style distances and find out. Water warfare is a more fluid, serious sport than Nerf, but again all IMO. I do like the backpack attachment, though. 5000 looks like it means business like a 21st century CPS 2000, but the 5100 gives me the opposite vibe.

I agree that the tactical rails aren't necessary. The handle placement in both designs would make rail attachments pretty useless since it would rise above most of them (not like they aren't already useless on nerf guns).

If you want the intake tube to get all the water out, just anchor it to the bottom of the res. There's no reason why they have to be free standing.

Atvan, that would move the strap hooks way too far forward. All the weight is in the back. Think about what is up front - pump, trigger valve, nozzle assembly, and a bunch of empty space. That doesn't weigh a thing.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:02 pm

Maybe into the slope behind where the useless rail is. Also, a grip enclosed like that is hardly enclosed. The only thing in the back of the handle is the thumb, and that is way up top. Another thing is that that one pump handle area might be sharpish.
Beware the Purple

DX

Post by DX » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:26 pm

Assuming that the reservoir isn't paper-thin, your arm will notice the difference with the grip. It would be more like hugging the reservoir. I know that some guns have that design, especially by BBT, but it's not something I'm used to. I don't recall anything I own having a closed grip and I have like 65 soakers.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers