Nerf Super Soaker CPS 5000

Water blaster concepts and dream designs for water guns and related equipment.
New Guy

Re: Nerf Super Soaker CPS 5000

Post by New Guy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:51 am

Damn I wish I had the money to pick up an HC and play with it. Walmart I usually do my bimonthly grocery runs at has them for $22. I could modify it into a kickin' blaster...

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:01 am

DX- that is because larami never really did that. Do you even have any Hasbro guns other than the 2100 and 4100? You don't have a 6k?
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

carbonate

Post by carbonate » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:38 am

Concept is good on the drawing board, but without any aftermath, it will just remain as a concept drawing. It is terrible to let such idea go to waste... Is there any way making Hasbro really interested in making such guns become reality?

cantab

Post by cantab » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:31 am

Given they took the increasingly popular approach of suing the competition rather than competing, I'd say no.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:06 pm

Looking at the finished CPS 5000 I can see the CPS 2000 in its shape and technical structure, while the optical design(apart from the colour and special smaller things) also follows the CPS 2000 quite well. That is what I was talking about, whatever you we build up, the base design of the CPS 2000 will always come up in some way, as it was a great technical piece built put in using little space... :)

But it looks nice with its colours :D

THe only new thing we learned the last few years was using a PC inside the reservoir, which is a nice thing. But I am sure there would be much further things we could think about!

DX

Post by DX » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:44 pm

My 6000 broke in 2002, along with my other MD guns. All had issues with the trigger valves and at the time there wasn't a fix for that, so I tossed them out. I also had a 4100 MK2 that broke quickly. Reliability is the #1 trait I look for in a water gun and that obviously gave me a horrible impression of new offerings from Hasbro. Everything Hasbro made in 2004 suffered from poor quality. Even the reliable 2100 had serious quality control issues - it's the most randomly variable water gun ever produced. The only other Hasbro guns I own are the STE Flash Flood, MI Flash Flood, and MI Defender, none of which I spent a dime on. The Defender has an issue with the valve now where it will get stuck half open if you don't really slam the trigger in. The STE FF valve is broken (surprise). I'm pretty sure the only reason the MI version isn't broken yet is that it hasn't been used much.

I wouldn't skip Hasbro soakers just because of the case design. If it had the performance of a 2000 in a 5100 design, I'd still take it (but maybe with some modification to the balance). I've just had a bad experience with their guns breaking within one season and I hate anything that's shoddily built. BBT, on the other hand, has been putting out higher quality stuff. My Blorca hasn't broken yet and I don't expect the Goblin to, either. Goblin has a genius feature, btw. Why bother with QFDs when you can just screw the whole thing onto the hose. You'll see in the pictures from the war.

I'd be shocked if Hasbro makes this design and more shocked if it has power. Then again, taking design ideas off the forum is certainly not unheard of. If they did make it, you'd probably see a dumbed down version with a 3x nozzle and 35ft.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:11 pm

The goblin does that? Cool! Now I need one of these too. :soakon:
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

carbonate

Post by carbonate » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:38 pm

Does anyone know how to mould plastics, main problem of APHs are lack of durability. If we can mould our own plastic then, we can get better guns than stock.

atvan

Post by atvan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:40 pm

I have never know an APH to break. If you mean ergonomics, you could buy a vacuformer, but those are pricey. Injection molding is even worse.
Beware the Purple

FredCompany

Post by FredCompany » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:34 am

We have a vacuum former at my school :P
I could make my CPH a little smaller (and fix the pump) and then make a case for it

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:17 pm

atvan wrote:That looks likes less than 3 shots per tank.
Very true... but is that such a bad thing? For instance, the SC 600's reservoir holds 1100ml and its firing chamber holds 700 ml. That's 1 and a half full shots per tank. You can look at it this way.

Or, you can look at it this way: (reservoir volume)/(output/sec) = 1100ml/50ml) = 22 1 second shots.

Now, if you charge it, or fill, pump fill, you have (1100 + 700)/50 = 36 seconds worth of shot time.

When you shoot in bursts, and pump rapidly between shots, which I'm sure most of you do, you're not really getting 1.5 shots out of an SC 600.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

atvan

Post by atvan » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:20 pm

True. I like a decent res though.
Beware the Purple

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:09 pm

this is a great idea! it truly beats my "upside-down 'nerfed' flash flood" idea :goofy: on the handle, why don't you put another 'tacticool' rail (ie. nerf stampede style) otherwise, this is novel. for a nozzle selector, i think this would be an ideal setup: flood, 10x, 5x, 2x, "fan/specialty/whatever hasbro wants to uber-cool extra funky sweet mega bombastic awesome .0000005x nozzle-inator nozzle" :goofy:

EDIT: i didn't realize there were 3 pages! :goofy: maybe i should READ before i open my big mouth (or at least lift a finger :goofy:)
EDIT 2: i think that's the most :goofy: 's ive ever put into a single post! i must be extra-silly today :goofy:
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

FredCompany

Post by FredCompany » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:05 pm

6 :goofy:s is quite a lot