More Mr Dude Fantasies, Air Pressure Line Coming up

Water blaster concepts and dream designs for water guns and related equipment.
mr. dude

More Mr Dude Fantasies, Air Pressure Line Coming up

Post by mr. dude » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:46 am

Taking my latest post in the "Want better water blasters? Wish Here!" thread to heart, I have spent the past 2 hours drawing the following:
Of course, if it were designed with ergonomics and aesthetics in mind, that'd be cool too :D

It features a semi-tracked pump, the 5 nozzles I discussed in the wishing pool thread, high PC capacity (though the 3 lemons I drew wouldn't do it), and it should be about the same length as a Hydro Cannon. I just don't like the trigger handle or the pump handle that I drew, as well as the tiny PCs. Pretty good for MS Paint though, I'm proud of it :)

More soakers to follow. We'll call this one Roarmonster.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: More Mr Dude Fantasies, Air Pressure Line Coming up

Post by HBWW » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:22 am

Could work out if you actually gave room for the grip. Usually it's far better to leave the grip area open and have the reservoir connect from the front, using an intake tube to reach the back. Wrapping the intake tube around the grip makes for a somewhat annoying handle. Then again, if the grip is setup like the P90 or Defender, it could likely work.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:46 am

Those PCs could work if it was a somewhat wide gun. They look good actually. All I'd say is raise up the pump so it is inline with the selector, and make it tracked. Ever since I got my 2100, I've been addicted to them.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:46 pm

@CA99, I was thinking of the Lightning/Pirahna/Blazer when I drew that, hence a similarly shaped handle. Either one can be comfortable, but typically the open ones are better, yes. I'll keep that in mind for the remainder of my dude-ish lineup. As for intake tubes, I've never been a fan, I always prefer intake holes at the bottom of the reservoir.
@atvan, I find semi-tracked pumps tend to be smoother, hence my tendency toward them. It's just a matter of preference (good question for a poll, no?)

Anyway, as promised, more installments. This is the XP100something series' newborn child. I'm contemplating whether the reservoir could be reduced in size to get the required 2 PCs. It features an open handle, 2 nozzles (as I said in the "Want better water blasters? Wish Here!" thread, I want riot blasts to become standard), and is very compact. However, it does have a free pump that will rub up against the bottom of the firing area.
I got lazy with the drawing, but it works just as well I think. Let's call this one Roarcreature. I guess that means the lineup will be called the Roar Line.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:58 pm

This last one reminds me of a Water Warriors Piranha, but with a larger reservoir and given a more standard trigger/grip area. I, too, much prefer intake holes positioned well in a reservoir versus intake tubes.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:15 pm

I would recomend a linear design selector and a ball valve. Also think there should be a better way for a 2 nozzle selector. Maybe 1500 style, with the lever close to the handle. Flick your thumb, and you have a riot blast.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:21 pm

I modeled the reservoir somewhat after that of the Pirahna, I'm glad it comes across.

Just drew up another one, the Roarpest. Pressurized reservoir, features a 1x and riot blast, and is similar in external design to the Roarcreature. I'm thinking there could be a similarly sized seperate PC soaker (with an internal PC perhaps), though I am drawing these for variety more than anything.
I'm assuming it would have Orca syndrome when pumping based on where I placed the tube, but hey, a pistol with a riot blast.

EDIT: Missed atvan's post. I believe BBT are now using pull valves, hence the nonlinear flow. I'm not certain, but I do believe so. As for the 1500 nozzle selector, I'd love to see that, if there's no legal issue with stealing that, then I'd push for it. Just to be on the safe side, I drew a boring one. However, I agree that the 1500's is better for this case.

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:44 pm

Orca syndrom is from the cap, not the pump. It is also only on seperate pressure guns.
Beware the Purple

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:53 pm

Getting off topic, but Orca syndrome comes from air bubbles floating through the water to get to the top of the reservoir. In the Orca's case, it's because the cap is at the bottom, but any source of air bubbles will create a noise (though I would expect an air pump to have a deeper pitch).

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:06 pm

I always thought it was the air squezing past the water in the chech valve in the cap.if the cap on my MD6k gets wet, it goes totally whale on me.
Beware the Purple

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:38 pm

It is. The whale part is a specific thing, it screeches because there's a large amount of air squeezing through a tiny hole in the cap and through a lot of water. If the check valve in the cap was bigger, it would be more of a sasquatch than a whale.
Yes, I know what a sasquatch sounds like :P

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:04 pm

There are a lot of pressurized reservoir blasters that push air through the water (eg XP75, XP215, XP220, and many many more), resulting in bubbling, but not Orca-type noises. The problem with the Orca is that the cap valve where air enters is in direct contact with the water, making it squeal much more easily by wetting the valve and the fact that the valve squeezes the air into a small string of bubbles immediately as it enters the reservoir. If there was a short tube separating the valve a little farther from the water, there would still be some bubbling noises, but not the burbling as heard from the original Orca. The additional thing to note with the Orca is that since air is entering to replace the water push from the reservoir to the pump, unlike pumping air into a chamber, the sound continues until the inner and outside pressure are closer so sounds can continue even after one stops pumping. This, coupled with the fact that the valve's opening is small, makes for prolonged "whaling" noises. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:51 pm

Fine, a distant sasquatch :P

Alright, so far, there's the big 3PC monster, the medium-sized rifle, and the oversized pistol, all capable of drenching when needed, is something missing?
I was thinking of an actual pistol sized contraption, maybe a PC-only kind of thing to save space. Other than that, I don't know what original idea can be added.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:33 pm

I don't care much for intake tubes vs. holes, all that matters is that it doesn't randomly draw air when the water level runs low like the CPS 1000/1200/2700 and other reservoirs are designed to. Those blasters hold far more unreliable/unusable water than a properly designed reservoir with an intake tube does. You can still have around 300mL and have trouble getting it into the PC since the intake hole position was so horribly placed. An intake tube mod should fix this problem and let more of the water go in without drawing so much air, but such a mod can be a bit tedious to do.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:14 pm

Perhaps, but a poorly designed intake hole>poorly designed intake tube. My CPH is wonderful proof of this, its intake hole is terribly positioned, yet it drains its reservoir so much more efficiently than any Flash Flood I've ever used.
Not that it matters really, if something is designed well, it shouldn't have problems.

As long as we're discussing things, CA99, my pistol idea from my last post was inspired by one of your designs, the cylindrical CPS chamber that expands into the reservoir. I'm trying to avoid using CPS as much as possible in these designs, so do you have any similar ideas that use a different method of pressurization? The best I can think of is some kind of moving spring, but I haven't thought of enough details of how it works.